Sr QA Engineer
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Come innovate with us!
As a Sr. Software Engineer/Sr. QA Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the quality assurance initiatives such as providing complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks for our Privilege Access Manager product line in an Agile environment. This is an opportunity to work with some of the top minds in the field of Security to translate their Intellectual Property into highly usable software addressing the needs of our customers as they embrace Virtualization/Cloud strategies in their data centers.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Working with developers to understand functional requirements and their impact on existing test suites.
- Creating and maintaining manual and automated tests for new functionality.
- Performing risk-based testing on both new functionality as well as internal and customer found defects.
- Developing and maintaining automated test suites focusing on component, functional and system-wide testing.
- Developing automated means of concurrent user experience testing.
- Leading testing efforts within your scrum team; work with other scrum teams to ensure proper test coverage of the application.
- Staying current with new technology developments in the industry that can enable competitive differentiating features.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in leading the testing and debugging of products. An ideal background will include:
- 5 years experience conducting and interpreting test results of applications, physical and/or virtual computing environments
- A passion for automation in all things including Regression, Integration, Performance and other tests
- Experience in test strategies, developing test plan, detailed test cases, creating automated test scripts
- Proven working experience with TestNG, Selenium or similar frameworks.
- Experience in java and scripting languages.
- Experience with REST APIs
- Ability to perform exploratory testing over and above a list of test cases based on requirements / user stories.
- Possesses mature debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in load runner/ silk performer.
- Experience with Databases/Directories, Web servers and web aps, network protocols(
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
Sound like a fit? Great !
To fast track your application, be sure to tell us in your cover letter why this job and working at CA are of interest to you.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top