Sr Procurement Analyst Procurement
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
Below is the link to the internal QMS job description where you can view the Band Level & Job Family:
This position is responsible for Procurement’s organizational analysis or sourcing functions.
- Consider various driving forces in the environment (e.g. increasing competition, changing demographics, etc.).
- Evaluate and provide accurate cost estimates and forecast price trends.
- Analyze and compare actual costs versus planned costs and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze data to identify key stakeholders, suppliers and business trends.
- Perform market research supporting sourcing initiatives.
- Understand and employ multiple analysis techniques including cost/price analysis and total cost of ownership concept.
- Prepare value analysis on current costs. Ensure contractual integrity of existing agreements, for example, reviewing software installations against owned licenses to ensure the Company is compliant under the related terms and conditions.
- Analyze global supplier spend, pricing, payment terms and make recommendations for overall cost improvement initiatives.
- Assist with licensing deals, true-ups and reviews.
- Manage and develop strategic supplier relationships that compliment and align with corporate initiatives
- Negotiate and contract with best in class suppliers driving to satisfy internal customers while achieving the lowest effective total cost of ownership.
- Monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned contracts to ensure best quality at best value.
- Evaluate vendor reliability and assists in developing new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive.
- Review requisitions/shopping carts and evaluate supplier quotes, contracts and services to determine most desirable suppliers that suit requests and issue PO’s.
- Perform spot buying function to yield savings.
- Category expertise in the Marketing or IT space
- Track spot buy activity and provide status update on open spot buys in queue.
- As new suppliers are identified work with suppliers to set them up for PO’s to be issued. Provide status updates on suppliers in queue being setup
- Partner with Sourcing team to identify sourcing opportunity’s from spot buy activity
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions in Master Services Agreement’s with new suppliers identified during the spot buy process
- Apply best practices in everyday work.
Operations Catalog Administrator:
- Maintain catalogs that provide access to produces and services that are prenegotiated by CA. Catalogs are to include all products, services, pricing and product information
- Perform analysis of spend data to identify opportunities for catalogs, ensure catalogs are maintained and approved items are available.
- Develop and add catalogs in SAP SRM and integrate with third party catalogs when required. Test and validate catalogs are operational prior to making them available to end users.
- Cleanse and enrich catalog content to support commercial requirements.
- Ensure catalogs are maintained per contractual terms and item lists.
Typically 5 or more years of experience in Procurement or an analytical related field.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong quantitative, analytical, organizational and skills
- Demonstrated creativity in ways to analyze and present data
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to synthesize information quickly and present/summarize conclusions and recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Strong project planning and management skills with a drive to meet/beat deadlines
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top