Sr Principal Software Engineer - Mainframe
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
As a Sr Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for creating and/or maintaining software applications for a product or a family of products. Perform non-complex modification, testing, and debugging tasks. Assists with analysis related to software design and development and debugging or problem solving. Assists in evaluating impact of software performance, and recommends changes to software designers.
- Have a passion for designing and coding often for the most complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Working closely with management and architects from multiple organizations to produce highly complex and sophisticated software.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and guidance of the testers .
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Take pride in performing strategic research and design for multiple technical areas.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Provide product content to technical writers.
- Design patentable technology and propose and review patent applications.
- May mentor, train and develop Software Engineers.
- Typically possess Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related field. preferred. Master’s degree or global equivalent a plus.
- Ideally 10+ years of experience in mainframe software development.
- Strong technical leadership skills and extensive technical knowledge of systems for IBM Mainframes, z/OS and Assembler, C/C++
- Ability to create overall product architectures and component design.
- Analytical skills, problem solving skills.
- Great knowledge of English (written and spoken).
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top