Sr Principal Software Engineer (CA)
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This position is responsible for architecting, designing, creating, testing, and ensuring the quality of large scale or complex software for a major product or product line. The Sr Principal Software Engineer will also be responsible for high level research and analysis related to software design and development and is considered to be a thought leader who mentors others and provides technical leadership.
Program Level Execution
- Work collaboratively within an Agile Team to write high quality, testable code that meets the Definition of Done:
- Strive to meet team commitments.
- Strive to eliminate technical debt.
- Adopt a test-first approach to software development, where possible in which the test is developed before the code.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers.
- Use best software engineering practices to evolve the system design.
- Create automated unit, system, and acceptance tests.
- Participate in test plan reviews.
- Perform unit/module testing of software.
- Continuously evaluate software performance, identify performance degradation and opportunities to gain performance improvements valued by customers
- 12-18 years of experience on Java Development projects.
- Minimum 2+ year of experience in Architecting large scale software systems
- Strong coding skills in Java, C/C++
- Strong technical experience in developing IT Monitoring applications
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns
- Strong knowledge of Data structures and Algorithms
- Ability to design, architect, code scalable, high-performing features, enhancements
- Experience in Agile Software Development (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience of participating in industry standard bodies related to Software development and IT Management preferred
- Contribution to open source software and active participation in open source software development and adoption preferred
- Exceptional defect analysis, triaging and fixing skills.
- Hands-on experience on JMS (ActiveMQ), Spring, Hibernate & scripting using DOS, Unix Shell, Perl or any other
- Ability to develop utilities, tools to fulfill day to day development team needs.
- Strong working knowledge of Server Operating Systems (Linux/Unix and Windows), Networking concepts and Databases.
Our Mission – we eliminate barriers; the barriers between ideas and outcomes. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT. We love the game, and never stop chasing greatness. If you want to fulfil your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers, then CA Technologies is where you belong.
Back to top