Sr Principal Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Sr Principal Software Engineer in Plano, TX
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
We are seeking a talented Sr. Principal Software Engineer our Plano, TX office to support our Service Virtualization product. CA LISA Service Virtualization is cutting edge technology that delivers a powerful solution to the problem of system dependency constraints, ensuring that innovative IT functionality is delivered faster, with higher quality and performance.
About the Role
The Sr. Principal Software Engineer is a key member of the development organization. Led by the strategic direction of the General Manager, the ideal candidate for this position will be the driving force behind the successful development of the Service Virtualization product line. The Principal Software Engineer will work within an agile development organization and be accountable for refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing and implementing software and managing timeline commitments.
You will be responsible for:
- Work with customers and prospective customers to demonstrate the functionality of our mainframe virtualization product
- Work with customers and prospective customers to resolve issues with the functionality of our mainframe virtualization product
- Maintain and support an LPAR Agent written in C++ with a few small Assembly Language modules
- Maintain and support a CICS Agent group of programs written in Assembly Language
- Maintain and support our CICS (COBOL CICS and BMS Maps) Demo programs
- Maintain and support our DevTest -> Mainframe Bridge (Java)
- Manage our z/OS LPAR system / CICS Transaction Gateway
- Put the system to sleep in the evening, wake it up in the morning
- IPL the system every other weekend for maintenance
- Start/stop and maintain the CICS regions
- Start/stop and maintain the IMS and IMS Connect regions
- Start/stop and maintain the CTG region
- Install and maintain CA DevTest Agents
- Maintain an IMS Connect testbed: maintaining IBM sample Java code that connects to IMS Connect under various scenarios (SSL, nonSSL, security, etc.), maintaining the IMS Connect started task and the IMS started tasks.
- Maintaining a CTG testbed and writing CICS COBOL programs for it to drive, maintaining Java code that connects to CTG and maintaining the CTG started task.
How You'll Stand Out
An ideal background will entail:
- 7+ years of experience
- z/OS Open Edition (aka USS - Unix System Services)
- z/OS Assembly language (BAL, ALC),
- Basic z/OS System Programming (operator commands, dataset management, ISPF, RACF, etc.)
- CICS APIs, CICS Exits, BMS (Basic Mapping Support), native 3270 datastreams, Dump analysis with and without IPCS
- Problem reporting to IBM
Nice to have skills:
- Angular JS
- CICS System Programming (CICS System Initialization definition, program/map definition, transaction definition, connection definition, etc.)
- IMS System Programming (IMS and IMS Connect definition, checkpoints, etc.)
- IMS Connect - setting up an IMS Connect testbed. Maintaining Java code that connects to IMS
- CTG - setting up a testbed and writing CICS programs for it to drive. Maintaining Java code that connects to CTG
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top