Sr Principal Ruby Engineer
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your Future Starts Here.
The primary role of the Principal Ruby Engineer for Security is to provide hands-on engineering expertise, leadership and mentoring to our distributed engineering teams, and to ensure the delivery of high-quality, robust, and scalable software. This person will be a self-starter with a pragmatic approach to developing software, a desire to push the boundaries of technology, and the ability to collaborate across functions. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of complex event processing, streaming data processing, and distributed systems; works well in an agile environment; possesses exceptional communication skills; and has significant experience leading the implementation and delivery of production quality software.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Driving the development and delivery of an industry-leading enterprise security product
- Leading the design and development of core product capabilities
- Building early prototypes of product components and validating them for technical design, performance and scalability
- Providing technical leadership to the development team
- Understanding the long-term business objectives and suggesting technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
- Being responsive and decisive on adjusting product features as customer requirements, market conditions and technologies evolve
- Partnering with others within the team to formulate the appropriate details required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate, and when to compromise, to arrive at a mutually-acceptable solution
- Working closely with members of product management, engineering, and quality assurance teams to ensure delivery of a quality product that customers love
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. He/she will have an outstanding track record and reputation for delivering high quality software. An ideal background will include:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in hands-on design and development in the delivery of software products
- Minimum 5 years of experience building production software products in Ruby
- Experience with JRuby
- Experience with Java, particularly in development of streaming, distributed systems
- Minimum 3 years in an engineering leadership role in large-scale enterprise software development projects
- Comfortable communicating development objectives and risks to all levels of management
- Excellent knowledge of agile software development methodologies and processes
- Track record that includes the design and release of high-quality, high-performance enterprise software products / applications on premise and in the cloud
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to balance conflicting interests in a complex and fast-paced environment; Strong analytical, prioritization, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in the following technology areas are a strong plus: Analytics and statistics, API Development, transactional and analytical database design and data modeling, enterprise product development.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top