Sr Principal Product Marketing Manager
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for providing business and technical leadership to ensure the success of the BlazeMeter product line and for setting the marketing strategy, developing go-to-market plans, and driving a cross-functional team to successfully execute against the plans.
Act as a recognized technical and business expert for BlazeMeter solutions.
Drive the following responsibilities for a product line:
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis
- Size the market opportunity
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans, incorporating activities related to awareness, customer acquisition and retention, and lead generation
- Develop customer validation data
- Drive the launch strategy
- Gather and analyze product performance, operational metrics, and win/loss analysis
- Write white papers and speak at industry events
- Develop collateral and sales tools, including presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
- Known as the in-house expert for related technologies and practices
- Often plays a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company's future direction
Business travel up to 25 percent yearly is expected for this position.
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in business or technology field. An MBA is preferred.
Typically 10 years' experience in product marketing, field marketing or sales operations in companies with $150M+ revenue. Software industry experience preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of industry/business best practices and demonstrated strategic expertise to complete complex assignments.
- Ability to work on complex and diverse issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variables.
- Demonstrates good judgment in the selection of methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Influences team members; reviews progress and evaluates results.
- Challenges assumptions underlying decisions that appear to conflict with corporate goals. Drives to resolution of the conflict.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to team members when needed.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively convey information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences, write and deliver quality presentations that are adjusted to the level of the receiving audience, understand business and technical materials; effective skills also include active listening and modifying communication style to suit the listener.
- Capable of leading cross-functional teams, requiring subtle influence without authority.
- Negotiates resources and deliverables across the organization, initiates communications and provides constructive feedback to the team.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top