Sr Principal, HR Business Partner
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
As a Sr. Principal, HR Business Partner you will provide advanced level support and internal consulting to business and functional senior management client groups globally or within a designated office, group of offices or business unit. May have global or regional responsibility for leading advanced level HR support to cross-functional senior leadership, managers and employees within a designated business unit. Guide, develop and implement strategic and tactical HR initiatives aligned to business objectives.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Executing the strategic direction of HR, including implementation of high-value added HR processes that support business goals and objectives.
- Identifying and assessing emerging HR trends and advise on the potential impacts on the business.
- Formulating partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Maintaining a strong level of business literacy about the business’ financial position, plans, culture and competition.
- Mentoring HR Generalists, HR Business Partners, Sr. HR Business Partners, and Principal HR Business Partners.
- Participating in or leading complex team projects.
- Implementing key performance management initiatives including: goal setting, mid-year and annual-review process, promotions, and talent review/succession planning program.
- Delivering a complete offering of HR services, establish organizational strategic plans and objectives, and manage the staffing function of the business.
- Partnering with all management levels in each business unit to drive business results that optimize talent, structure, process and culture.
- Collaborating with managers to resolve every day issues and develop short and long term HR strategies and solutions designed to increase departmental performance and efficiency aligned with CA’s core values.
- Managing involuntary termination process.
- Developing and/or conducting training and presentations as needed.
- Assuming subject matter expert role on specific HR task or function and act as lead and representative for region on that task or function.
- Leading change throughout the organization. Recommend and implement improved processes and procedures for HR programs.
- Assisting in the development of HR policies in order to satisfy legal requirements, cost containments, and work environments consistent with CA’s core values.
- Promoting and manage local implementation of corporate driven HR programs and initiatives.
- Providing advice and counsel to senior management on all human capital issues to ensure fair and consistent treatment.
- Facilitating resolutions of Employee Relations issues as they arise and ensure proper and complete documentation.
- Collaborating with Human Resources Partners and COE’s to ensure understanding and effective delivery of HR Programs and initiatives.
- Partnering with all HR COE’s regarding performance management, training and development, organizational development, compensation, benefits, rewards and recognition, diversity, employee relations, leadership development, and succession planning to deliver quality service.
- Resolving complex Employee Relations issues and ensure proper and complete documentation:
- Employee Complaints
- Conflict Resolution / Mediation
- Utilizing HR Analytics and Bio Reporting tools to provide data to senior business partner including but not limited to performance and turnover.
- Promoting and utilize the HR Service Center effectively to handle appropriate employment issues.
- Promoting business ethics and CA core values in all efforts. Investigate complaints, violations and conflicts
- Collaborate as necessary with management to resolve appropriately
- Represent CA in legal matters such as unemployment hearings or litigation
- Ensuring compliance with employment regulations and guidelines.
- Providing a high level of service, knowledge and performance in the fields of:
- Employee Relations
- Employee support on benefit programs, policies and procedures
- Performance Management
- Organizational Development
- Related documentation, processes and procedures
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Business travel of approximately 25 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in Human Resources or related business field.
- Typically 10 or more years of experience in a progressive Human Resources role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously, and working in an environment which requires flexibility, innovation, superb customer service skills, and organization.
- Experience delivering effective presentations and training material to a variety of audiences.
- Strong understanding of employment regulations.
- Coaching, influencing, facilitating, process development, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Global Professional Human Resources (GPHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification or local equivalent (i.e. WorldatWork, ASTD) is preferred.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top