Sr Principal, Corp Business Development
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
This position is responsible to assess and distill financial information from various industry, internal, public and private sources, create detailed financial models to assess fair value and quantify associated financial risk, and professionally package this analysis in a concise format for the company’s Leadership Team – enabling them to make well informed decisions as to the direction of the company. This position is also responsible to identify and assess emerging trends and potential impacts on M&A activity so to proactively respond to new market initiatives.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry. You will responsible to:
- Lead in the execution of M&A, joint venture, partnership and other strategic transactions/projects.
- Assess the value of strategic investments; determine the impact of and opportunities for operational improvement.
- Identify and analyze candidates for partnership/acquisition and make recommendations.
- Develop and present bottoms up and detailed business cases, valuation analysis and supporting analysis for transactions under consideration.
- Create and deliver presentations and management reports for executive management.
- Work with appropriate CA business units and departments to drive the execution on strategic transactions.
- Coordinate and manage the due diligence phase of acquisitions and divestitures.
- Expert on the market environment as it relates to valuation and worth of deal targets: key drivers, trading company multiples, precedent transactions etc.
- Keep current with CA’s product offerings and corporate direction.
- Partial owner of an acquisition, responsible for negotiating and coordinating the purchase agreement, and performing due diligence.
- Consult with various legal and administrative personnel to ensure compliance with all product and business initiatives.
- Conduct analysis of prospective business ventures.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate terms.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a related field. Master’s degree or global equivalent preferred.
- Typically 10 or more years’ experience in one of the following fields: corporate finance, corporate development, or business development.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Superior writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision or guidance.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top