Sr Principal, Business Unit Strategy
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
The Agile Management Business Unit (formerly Rally Software) is looking for a seasoned business strategy professional. As a member of our team, you will contribute to our success by helping to support strategic decision making across our portfolio, including market opportunity evaluation, business impact analysis, and critical decision framing. Additionally, you will assist in scoping, tracking and supporting key strategic initiatives that will deliver value for our customers. Are you naturally curious and capable of driving innovative thinking around the future of our business? If you answered yes, please read further…
What will you do?
- Work with senior management to identify and drive opportunities to enhance the market position of the business;
- Ensure the BU strategy is understood and fully supported operationally;
- Create and implement annual strategic plans for business unit through formulation of business strategy and analysis of market and competitive trends;
- Regularly provide business insights and recommendations to drive the execution of the strategy;
- Communicate project findings to all interested parties across all levels of our organization;
- Analyze competitive and market trends, assess the impact on the business, and make recommendations to senior leadership and product teams;
- Identify and evaluate inorganic opportunities;
- Support Product Managers in the development of buy, build, and partner business cases.
What MUST you have?
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following: management consulting, investment banking/research, venture capital, private equity, business strategy, product management or corporate development;
- Ability to design and execute self-directed research and analysis (quantitative and qualitative);
- Experience in developing frameworks for prioritizing work;
- Capable of developing and aligning teams around a business model/P&L;
- Excellent communication, decision-making, and presentation skills;
- Strong knowledge of the application software marketplace;
- Proven ability to present the company’s vision, strategy, and products;
- Understanding of how to work within an internal organization in order to best support plan execution by leveraging appropriate resources;
- Strong knowledge of a variety of strategy concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to help plan and set strategy;
- Ability to persuade others as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in an IT or business related field;
What MIGHT you have?
- MBA from top program or global equivalent;
- Project and/or Team Lead experience.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top