Sr Principal Architect
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
CA Technologies is looking for a Sr. System Architect to help drive the design and implementation of our award winning Agile Central SaaS product. You will collaborate with the geographically distributed cross-company engineering teams that are building and maintaining a wide variety of web technology stacks to ensure our projects’ needs are well understood and considered. It requires collaboration with the teams implementing new product features and the creation of a web application and services architecture vision.
As a member of the Architecture team, key responsibilities include:
- Responsiblilty for the current and future system architecture for CA’s Agile Central product.
- Working with all of the geographically distributed Dev, UX, and Product teams to develop an architectural vision and roadmap. Some travel to other CA development locations will be required.
- Initiating, analyzing, and leading architecture initiatives.
- Consulting and providing guidance to the Product team on product initiatives that have architectural impacts.
- Understanding and helping resolve application scalability and performance issues.
- Writing code with critical project teams for architecture and business features.
- Communicating the architecture vision to product owners, UX team, and the development team.
- Helping dev teams make application and technology decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and delivery of scalable and distributed applications of commercial quality, with 24×7 operational characteristics.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- 3+ years of experience as a team lead or architect, preferably on a SaaS product.
- Experience with Web Service API design.
- Strong presentation / verbal communications skills.
- A history of training, mentoring and influencing other technologists.
- Experience writing standards and best practices on development topics.
- Strong business insight and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broader business context. Candidate must be able to translate technology into business terms and value, with a track record of influencing and improving business solutions.
A Bit About Us
We collaborate constantly. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We believe in clean code, automated testing, and scaling. We take walks, play games and have fun to give our brains a break. We use our own products to manage our work and stay agile. We’re always getting better.
Some of the reasons our engineers love it here:
- Hackathons: Unleash your creativity with regular opportunities to prototype your ideas with whatever cool new tech you want and present it to the rest of the business. Many hackathons have become full-fledged parts of our products.
- No role or tech ruts: Expand your role or create your own. Work across the entire stack or specialize in an area of interest to you. Change teams when you need some new scenery.
- A Learning Environment: Our experiment-rich culture has us evolving our methodology and tools constantly. We encourage developers to attend and present at conferences and meetups.
- Collaboration: Our teams work closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from each other rather than getting trapped in silos. Almost all production code is written in pairs.
- Influence: Every developer is empowered and encouraged to make things better – the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
- Work/life balance: We take this one seriously, and work hard to make the pace sustainable.
- Location: Raleigh, NC, in the historic Pilot Mill building near downtown. Our office looks more like a cool startup space than a corporate cube farm. It has an industrial look with exposed brick and wooden beams. An open floor plan encourages collaboration and facilitates rearranging desks as teams evolve. Proximity to the downtown Raleigh area offers excellent lunch options. We will also consider you if you’re open to relocating.
We are looking for people who are passionate about the software industry. We value teamwork and making and meeting commitments as well as skill and a successful track record. We strive for a healthy, productive work/life balance, while enjoying the opportunity to substantially contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant software business. CA offers excellent compensation and benefits with an extraordinary opportunity to grow.
If this sounds like you, please apply.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top