Sr Platform Administrator
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for implementing solutions for systems using network, server, storage, and computing platforms including of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and Cloud architectures. Administer the core of the IT infrastructure. Implement enhancements (hardware and software) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Installs various platforms including operating systems, applications, and possibly databases. Install, modify, monitor and support operating systems, enterprise application integration (EAI), SOA, databases, utilities, internal networks, telecommunications, data communication systems, video conferencing, phone systems, call center technologies, and Internet/intranet related tools.
Certain collaboration applications may be managed such as e-mail, web conferencing, workflow management, search, and document management. May address complex platform management processes and automation such as configuration, asset, problem, discovery, change, release, and security management. Learn and design platforms in a modern internet era.
- Analyze enterprise application integration (EAI), service oriented architecture (SOA), system, server, application, and network performance.
- Develop and review operator and control instructions.
- Prepare and conduct system and programming tests requiring interfacing of hardware and software.
- Implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Maintain tools that support and automate processes for hardware or software product release.
- Modify, maintain and update software and hardware.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security and compliance. Recommend technology tools and products, develop technical standards and act as a resource to junior members.
- Provide daily operations analysis, support, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems, hardware, and software. Monitor proactively to provide stable, dependable services. Execute operational jobs and activities.
- Conduct programming tasks including program design, program coding, debugging and documentation
- Manage the load of configuration of platforms and systems and makes recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks.
- Conduct project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons and work on project implementations.
- Give and receive information such as options, technical direction, instructions, and reporting results.
- During times of emergencies, outages and project planned work; be on call and available until the event is addressed. During system conversions, extra effort may be required in order to ensure the roll out of the system is successful.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent.
Typically 5 or more years of related professional experience.
The DevSecOps – Database Security Engineer will be responsible for the establishing baseline of Database Infrastructure security (SQL Server, MS SQL, DB2, MongoDB and related infrastructure) and implementing, maintaining and enhancing security posture of CA's data base infrastructure.
- Candidate should strive for ideal situation of 100% CIS benchmark compliance and zero VAPT (vulnerability Assessment and penetration testing) risks reported for database Infrastructure services.
- Applying industry adopted security best practices (CIS, ISO and other) for Cloud Services and related connectivity and integrations and ensuring the services are safe, secure and least vulnerable for 'internal malicious or external cyber-attack' effects.
- Work with application, network, security and other platforms teams to implement required controls and monitoring to achieve higher level of security protection for Platform Infrastructure services.
- Contribute in defining strong practices around NIST framework and implementing practices, policies and procedures to Detect, Protect, Respond and Recover Cloud services in case of a cyber-attack or malicious act.
- Help in documenting, implementing and audit of database infrastructure security policies and complying with requirements of internal security and audit teams and external audit and industry recommendations.
- Regularly run tabletop exercises and tests to verify the controls (Detect Protect, Respond and Recover) are working as expected and continuously enhance them.
- Guide and train teams for security awareness and building security from day zero into projects and initiatives and operational tasks
- Supervise changes in software, hardware, vendor offerings and user needs to ensure they continue to comply with defined practices and standards.
- Candidate should be ready to provide after-hours/weekend incident support (rotating on-call schedule) and adjust work hours to execute planned maintenance tasks during off business hours/weekend
- Thorough working knowledge of Cloud Services and related network, database and infrastructure services, authentication and other operational and architectural tasks
- Candidates with MS SQL Server, MySQL and MongoDB experience will be preferred.
- Candidate should have experience of Windows and Linux operating system
- Good understanding and experience with adopting and implementing CIS benchmark and NIST framework
- Must understand Automation, DevOps and Infrastructure as a Code culture and contribute to their adoption
- Must have good knowledge of Python/Perl or other scripting/programming language to automate tasks
- Exposure or experience with configuration management tool like Chef (preferred) Puppet, Sault or Ansible is an added plus
Experience/training or certification in Ethical Hacking will support the role.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top