Sr IT Internal Auditor
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
As a Sr. IT Internal Auditor you will be responsible to lead and/or assist in the Internal Audit Department IT audits and projects based on the complexity of the assignment.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry. You will responsible to:
- Plan and execute audits of client/server technology platforms (e.g., UNIX, Windows, and Mainframe) and evaluate IT internal controls and work collaboratively with management to identify actions needed.
- Support audits and consulting engagements related to software development, general computing controls, client-server and open systems architecture, internet and intranet functionality, database extraction, technology strategy, data communication and network security.
- Provide consulting services to CA management and staff.
- Assess information technology control elements to mitigate IT risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business information.
- Conduct data extraction, analysis, and security reviews utilizing software tools.
- Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer surveys, compose summary memos, and prepare workpapers.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and presentations to management.
- Act as liaison with IT business partners to ensure full understanding of data flow, data integrity and system security.
- Acquire knowledge of departmental standards, develop an understanding of CA’s business, seek direction in prioritizing and managing time and comply with various project administrative responsibilities.
- Provide or assist in providing training, coaching and guidance to Internal Audit staff in conducting IT audits and other audit-related issues.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Typically 5 years of experience in Auditing, Accounting, Business Analysis, Systems, or Program Evaluation. Previous experience working in a public accounting firm preferred. Experience having functioned as a team lead and project managed team members.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying AICPA, IIA, and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of software industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- If primary focus is IT: a level of proficiency in operating systems (MVS, UNIX, Windows, other), programming languages, enterprise-type applications, middleware and databases (SQL, Oracle, DB2).
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analysis.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Business travel of approximately 25 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent from an accredited college or university. Graduate Degree in Business Administration or a related field or certification as a CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE, CMA, or CISSP may substitute for one year of required experience. The combination of a graduate degree and a certification may substitute for two years of required experience.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top