Sr IT Customer Support Analyst
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for addressing incidents of service interruption and taking steps to re-initiate service or properly escalate for resolution. May work in one of two settings. It may be in a call center/Service Desk or at a location. Generally, employees will contact the Service Desk for a request for service related to IT systems, reports, workstations, laptops, printers, LAN servers, phone sets, hand-held devices, portable learning devices, applications or data. If the Service Desk is not able to resolve the problem on the phone or by e-mail, local service will be provided in one of three ways. It will be dispatched, a local customer service specialist will respond to the issue or the device may need to be brought to a local CA work location. Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interact with senior internal and external personnel.
Work involves the application of moderately complex procedures and tasks that are quite varied. Independent judgment is often required to select and apply the most appropriate of available resources. Advise management on budget items and manage on-going cost center spend in alignment with department objectives.
Decisions are made on both routine and non-routine matters with some latitude, but are still subject to approval. Job is expected to recommend new solutions to problems and improve existing methods or generate new ideas.
- Work in either Service Desk or on the client site to coordinate, diagnose and troubleshoot incoming employee calls or incident tickets.
- Provide highly visible customer support through the performance of onsite installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnosis, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Provide support services to employees with information technology issues involving applications or data, and educational technologies.
- Provide timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate personnel, and provide case status updates to management and end-users.
- Develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines.
- May be involved in supporting conferences and large training meetings of users in one location. During this time, local support is critical and provides proactive time for upgrades, maintenance, etc
- Make routine or required customer actions to meet customer needs. Respond promptly and accurately to customer complaints, inquiries and requests for information and coordinate appropriate follow-up. May handle escalated issues passed on from co-workers or subordinates.
- During times of emergencies, outages and project planned work; be on call and available until the event is addressed. During system conversions, extra effort may be required in order to ensure the roll out of the system is successful.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Typical Role Definition
Professional Staff. A senior level professional role. Evaluation, originality or ingenuity required. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Has mastered the key responsibilities. Assignments can be broad in nature. May serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. Instructions generally provided in general terms. May take on project lead role as required.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Interacts with users and senior internal and external personnel
- Decides how to handle, escalate, and resolve issues
- Exercises sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a global geographic focus.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 25 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree of global equivalent.
Typically 5 or more years of related professional experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Well versed in ITIL incident and problem management techniques.
- Basic office equipment and Microsoft Office.
- Work with others to resolve problems, clarify or interpret complex information/policies, and provide initial screening/negotiations without approval authority.
- Fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Completion of primary certifications in area of specialty is preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top