Sr. Interaction Designer- UX
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. From planning to DevOps to security to systems management, our solutions power innovation and drive competitive advantage for businesses everywhere. CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact and communicate.
We believe that all our products should be beautiful but also very effective to use. As a product designer, you will communicate product purpose and functionality through typography, colour and space. You will surprise and engage users with new ways to improve their ability to complete their everyday work in a critical workload environment.
- Plan, perform, and oversee UCD research, including UI design and usability deliverables of the solution and work collaboratively with other User Experience Designers either locally or remotely
- Have a passion for designing outstanding enterprise web-based product (includes mobile UI).
- Create and iterate on assets that reflect a brand, enforce a language, and inject beauty and life into a product.
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) problems.
- Take pride in preparing concepts as internal prototypes and share with the team
- Ensure the coherent visual presentation of several touch-points.
- Develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey ideas in tangible and aesthetically refined forms.
- Ability to create style guides to be used cross-functionally
- Typically possess Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science, Fine Arts or related field. Master's degree or global equivalent is preferred.
- Ideally 5+ years (3+ with Master degree) of relevant experience
- Demonstrates core design skills; ability to establish visual hierarchy, expert understanding of typography, layout, colour, imagery, composition and visualization principles
- Experience with Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator or similar tools
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and responsive design is advantage
- Interaction design sensibility is advantage
- Good communication skills in English language
- Ability to present own Portfolio
- Experience with Agile based software development is of advantage
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top