Sr Information Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a Sr. Information Engineer/Tech Writer, you will help create conceptual, task-based, and programming documentation for our analytics engine and other common software. This position gives you the opportunity to work directly with the products and services so that you can produce tutorials, detailed documentation, and rich content for a highly technical audience.
You will partner with stakeholders, customers, and Agile teams to research, design, create, test, and deliver accurate, clear, and concise technical content. You will have the opportunity to monitor and respond to customers using a variety of mechanisms to address customer feedback and ensure that content meets their needs.
Beside quick grasp on technology, good writing skill is a must. Use of style guides, document templates, production checklists, and other standards for the project is essential.
In short, you will be responsible for:
- Researching documentation requirements by reading engineering specs, working with Agile teams, using the product, and interviewing other team members
- Collecting, analyzing, and sharing data to improve customer experience by improving content quality
- Leveraging partnerships with other departments (such as Education, Marketing, Product Management) to understand and improve customer experience
- Following documentation process and style guide when writing the documentation
- Writing conceptual, task-based, and reference documentation that describes the functionality of the product, API, SDK, or service
- Creating documentation plans and estimate time required to complete the involved tasks
- Providing high quality of documentation
- Writing in clear and precise language for a global audience
- Creating rich content, such as videos, end-to-end tutorials, walkthroughs, and more
- 5 plus years of technical writing experience (of which at least 2-3 years must be in a Product-based software organization)
- (At least) Graduate (B.Eng., B.S., or B.Sc.)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn technical information
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules
- Ability to work well with other team members to meet deadlines
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top