Sr Information Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for leading others to create, curate, use, and deliver technical content while creating accurate content for one or more products in a team setting. In particular, this position will leverage existing software developer experience or background and familiarity with API and SDK product guides.
- Learn the features, operation, deployment, and maintenance of API products to facilitate audience focus, project planning, and content organization.
- Partner with stakeholders, customers, and Agile teams to produce accurate, clear, concise, and engaging technical content for a technical audience.
- Create documentation plans from requirements gathering through release schedules, lead and facilitate content review process.
- Advocate for content the customer can find and use easily, including championing department initiatives to provide quality content, such as lean content.
- Review the user interface, partner with UX designers to suggest ways to make the product intuitive, and provide content that can be embedded as an interface element.
- Monitor and respond to customers using a variety of mechanisms to address customer feedback and ensure that content meets their needs.
- Mentor and coordinate the work of other team members as required.
- Demonstrate flexibility in taking on new products and assignments as business needs require.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with Product Management, Education, Support, Training, and Marketing to understand and improve the customer's experience.
- Publish content for Web, print, or online access as required.
- Diploma or certificate in technical writing or equivalent combination of education and experience, with at least 5 years in similar roles.
- Ability to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts for a developer audience.
- Independent problem solver with strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Experience producing technical content for a developer audience including API reference and SDK guides.
- Experience or solid understanding of software development methodologies (particularly Agile), developer tools, and relevant concepts.
- Familiar with task and issue tracking tools such Jira or Agile Central/Rally.
- Experience producing technical content using standard authoring tools such as MS Word, Madcap Flare, and/or Framemaker, screen-capturing applications, and content management systems such as Sharepoint, Confluence, Drupal, or Wordpress.
- Experience producing content using single-sourcing methodologies including use of variables, conditionalization, and shared elements.
- Organized and analytical, exceptional attention to detail and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Organized and task-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top