Sr HR Business Partner
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
Are you able to jump from the tactical to the strategic? Do you have a passion for building organizational capabilities to deliver business results? If you have had a strong record of success as a strategic business partner along with a well-developed HR generalist skillset, then we would love to talk to you!
Based in our fast growing Santa Clara location, this role will serve as a strategic advisor to an assigned group of business clients, translating client business plans and goals into talent strategies designed to achieve results. You will also serve as the local HR Business Partner to our employees in Santa Clara, Petaluma and San Francisco where you will guide, develop and implement strategic and tactical HR initiatives that meet the needs of the local employee population, business objectives and market conditions.
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
What makes CA unique in our ability to help customers is more than the sum of our experience and expertise—it’s how we view the world, who we are, how we live and how we work. In fulfilling our mission, it’s not just what we do that matters. It’s what we believe.
Learn more > http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/about-us/the-ca-mission.html
About the Role:
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with business partner groups to identify current and future business needs and design HR strategies, plans and interventions to further those objectives.
- Advise and influence business partners on organizational structure, talent management, succession planning, change management, inclusion/diversity and employee engagement.
- Formulate partnerships across the HR function to develop and deliver best in class solutions in areas such as leadership development, recruitment, compensation, organizational design and diversity.
- Utilize HR Analytics to provide insight and inform recommendations to business partners.
- Continually identify and assess emerging HR trends watching for opportunities to improve existing solutions, develop new programs and/or advise on potential impacts to the business.
- Counsel and coach managers and employees on day-to-day issues including HR programs, policies and procedures, employee relations and investigations, conflict resolution and performance management.
- Promote and facilitate local implementation of corporate driven HR programs and initiatives.
- Manage involuntary termination process.
- Mentor HR Generalists and HR Business Partners.
How You’ll Stand Out:
You will have a demonstrated a record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of your career. You’ll possess an excellent track record and reputation for being assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Typically 5 or more years of experience in a progressive Human Resources role, including experience in an HR Business Partner Capacity
- Proven ability to link HR strategy to business goals
- Exceptional judgment and demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a customer-centric environment
- Ability to objectively coach and influence employees and management through complex, difficult issues
- Ability to utilize data to formulate strategy and drive business results
- Success in addressing employee relations issues and complex investigations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven with a proven track record in handling multiple projects simultaneously, and working in an environment which requires flexibility, innovation, superb customer service skills, and organization
- Experience delivering effective presentations and training material to a variety of audiences
- A strong understanding of employment regulations
- Business travel of approximately 25 percent yearly is expected for this position
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in Human Resources or related business field
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification or local equivalent (i.e. WorldatWork, ASTD) is preferred.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. CA’s fun, diverse and collaborative culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT.
Learn more > www.CA.com/careers.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top