Sr FP&A Analyst
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
This position is responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis that supports management decision making. Determine variances to budget/actuals, and create and produce financial analysis to support decision making.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Role
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Supporting budgeting in connection with the company's annual operating plan
- Forecasting Revenue/Expenses/Cash Flow /CapEx on a regular basis
- Managing the financial analysis that supports management decision-making
- Performing complex ad hoc reporting
- Performing complex analysis and advise management on data interpretation for operating and strategic plans
- Formulating analytical reports to improve information resources available to top management
- Researching and evaluate procedures necessary to respond to changes in a timely and effective manner
- Assembling, compiling, and analyzing information, and resolve errors/inconsistencies in data from financial reporting systems
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Business travel of approximately 10 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Finance or Accounting.
- Typically 5 or more years of experience in compiling financial data for reporting and analysis.
- Prepare regular and special financial statements including (but not limited to) balance sheets, budgets, forecasts, profit and loss statements, and statements of sources and uses of funds.
- PC skills with Microsoft products such as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of finance terminology, concepts, and tools.
- Good understanding of information systems terminology and concepts.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Knowledge of Hyperion and SAP (a plus).
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
Our Mission – we eliminate barriers; the barriers between ideas and outcomes. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT. We love the game, and never stop chasing greatness. If you want to fulfil your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers, then CA Technologies is where you belong.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top