Sr Engineering Services Architect
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for on-site and remote assistance to customers and our field teams, front ending or supplementing engineering, support, product management or services. Provide support and implementation of beta programs, in addition to the ability to recreate customer issues in CA lab environments, innovate and fill product gaps and assist in making successful and reference-able customers. In addition, support strategic sales initiatives and train the field, for assigned products. Typically work closely with Management inside and outside of Engineering Services but is expected to work with considerable independence and autonomy.
- Mentor less experienced architects and lead by example, sharing knowledge of all products and technologies within APM.
- Foster key ‘Customer Relationships’ with household name clients and partners to create reference clients.
- Subject matter expert for at least two APM Products in the BU (At minimum App Experience Analytics and Introscope or equivalent).
- Integrate Customer, Business and Technology experience across BU’s in order to articulate value and present a vision and roadmap to execute.
- Consult with key clients on technology strategies.
- Provide on-site and remote assistance for alpha and beta programs for the assigned products. Objective is to verify product quality and functionality and secure references for product launch.
- When requested by support management, provide on-site and remote assistance for the assigned products. Representing development when on-site assistance is required.
- Work to recreate customer issues by building close facsimiles of key customer environments in our own CA labs for internal testing.
- Provide feedback to the product brand to assist with product, development, marketing and quality of the solutions (Released and Beta).
- Provide feedback to product management for quality issues based on customer experience on customer requirements for future product updates.
- Provide on-site and/or remote technical expertise for strategic or challenging sales opportunities.
- Provide in-depth technical training for internal staff world-wide, partners and customers as needed. Every on-site situation should be treated as an opportunity to impart knowledge to the local technical resources.
- Create demonstrations of company solutions for Partner sales organizations.
- Support our Pre/Post Sales teams as they present and deploy our solutions at client and partner sites.
- Identify the need for, create and input into Industry Best Practice documentation.
- Identify the need for and implement product extensions
- Mentor support representatives and pre/post sales consultants to improve their skills and knowledge.
- Provide education with subject matter expertise in the creation of training courses
- Interact with senior management, product management and marketing to define product direction.
- Identify and track metrics that can be used to ensure quality objectives are met and/or recommend process improvement.
- Write/review green papers and content SME’s for green books describing company innovations and direction.
- Analyze deliverable needs.
- Create, update, and supervise the execution of architecture plans and solution sizing.
- Adapt to and implement new procedures, processes, and corporate directives.
- Consult on multiple project assignments simultaneously.
- Master several products or components.
- Provide feedback on product design, features, and functionality to the project team.
Minimum Requirements / Skills
- Typically 10 or more years of industry related experience working with customers, sales personnel and/or customer service.
- Deep product and solution knowledge around implementation and architecture. Preferred experience with product development, integration, testing and monitoring.
- Ideally the experience is across multiple products and/or computer environments (Windows, UNIX, Linux and mainframe).
- Strong APM (Application Performance Management), both end-user experience and deep dive (Java and/or .Net) will be considered.
- Ability to define test and monitoring strategy for an entire product line.
- Expert trouble shooting skills.
- Expert computer operating system, appropriate subsystems and test tool knowledge.
- Expert understanding of scripting and programming languages (Java, .Net, PHP, node.js etc.)
- Expertise with multiple hardware, OS and application server platforms.
- Technical leadership and collaboration skills which extend across group boundaries.
- Broad knowledge across multiple products and product areas.
- Preferred Functional Area Certification (Java, J2EE, .Net, J2EE middleware, messaging etc.)
- Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top