Sr Engineering Services Architect
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Who We Are
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality - and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com.
About this Role
In this role you'll be responsible for on-site and remote assistance to support and deploy beta programs, recreate customer issues in CA lab environments, and generate references.
- Mentor less experienced architects and lead by example, sharing knowledge of all products and technologies within a Brand.
- Foster key 'Customer Relationships' with household name clients and partners to create CA Reference clients.
- Consult with key clients on technology strategies with a Brand area.
- Provide on-site and remote assistance for alpha and beta programs for the assigned products. Objective is to verify product quality and functionality and secure references for product launch.
- Recognized subject matter expert for 2 locomotive products (or equivalent)
- When requested by support management, provide on-site and remote assistance for the assigned products. Representing development when on-site assistance is required.
- Work to recreate customer issues by building close facsimiles of key customer environments in our own CA labs for internal testing.
- Provide feedback to the product brand to assist with product, development, marketing and quality of the solutions (Released and Beta).
- Provide feedback to product management on customer requirements for future product updates.
- Provide on-site and/or remote technical expertise for strategic or difficult sales opportunities, especially when technology is being used in a specific situation for the first time.
- Provide in-depth technical training for internal staff world-wide and partner and customer training as needed. Every on-site situation should be treated as an opportunity to impart knowledge to the local technical resources.
- Create demonstrations of CA solutions for CA and Partner sales organizations. .
- Support our Pre/Post Sales teams as they present and deploy our solutions at client and partner sites. Identify the need for, create and input into Industry Best Practice and product Integration.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. The perfect candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Typically 10 or more years in an industry related role working with customers, sales personnel and/or customer service.
- Deep product and solution knowledge around implementation and architecture.
- Experience documenting technical concepts and processes.
- Experience with integration of products to create solutions.
- Strong knowledge of how the various pre and post sales teams operate in order to progress issues rapidly
- Technical skills to design, implement, debug and verify a product or solution implementation
- Develop and deliver classroom training internally and at customer sites
- Ability to mentor and train technical personnel
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to multi-task
- Pre-sales presentation skills
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visitwww.CA.com/careers.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top