Sr Director, Tax
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This tax leadership position reports directly to our US-based Senior Vice President of Tax & is charged with delivering well-informed tax technical expertise in the EMEA geographic region (i.e., Europe, Middle East & Africa). In such regard, the EMEA tax leader will engage directly with EMEA business leaders & EMEA finance peers to ensure front-end tax advice is provided real-time for regional & local country business initiatives. In addition, the EMEA tax leader will regularly partner globally with CA Tax colleagues to develop & implement (as well as defend upon tax authority examination) efficient & thoughtful local country & cross-border planning strategies, with appropriate documentation concurrently developed & maintained.
The EMEA tax leader will be based in our EMEA regional headquarters in Morges, Switzerland. Key responsibilities include:
- Leading a diverse team of experienced tax professionals in Prague CZ & Ditton Park UK & overseeing our EMEA outsource providers of certain local country tax reporting functionality to deliver quarterly US GAAP tax controllership, recurring local country tax direct & indirect tax compliance, management of tax exams, as well as proactive tax advice for strategic planning, transactions & post-acquisition integrations, & legal entity/debt restructuring.
- Partnering with our Vice President for Global Tax Controllership (& our EMEA Finance partners) to ensure the US GAAP Tax consequences of any EMEA regional or local country initiatives, projects or activities are established & agreed at the outset & validated post-implementation.
- Collaborating with our Vice President for Global Tax Planning (& tax colleagues in the APJ & LA regions, as appropriate) to streamline data flows & facilitate proactive planning (including funding & liquidity initiatives) & risk assessments for our EMEA business platforms & local country tax profiles.
- Coordinating with EMEA leadership to ensure CA Tax insights & perspectives inform ongoing financial forecasting cycles for the EMEA business, while working directly with & advising EMEA Finance leaders on tax developments & also actively participating on the EMEA CFO Leadership team.
The EMEA tax leader must be a strategic thinker & effective communicator who, by virtue of an action-oriented & ownership mindset, will quickly become a trusted CA business advisor. A successful candidate will be energetic, forward-thinking & creative, with high ethical standards, sound judgment & an appropriate professional image. The EMEA tax leader must be a well-organized & self-directed individual with strong interpersonal skills who can work both independently & within a team structure to drive multiple concurrent projects to completion. Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to successfully develop & implement both strategic vision & tactical initiatives on a timely & cost-effective basis. Some business-related travel is anticipated, primarily within EMEA & occurring on an as-needed basis.
- 15+ years of experience & a record of achievement in the tax industry – comprised of experience in-house & with global/regional accounting and/or law firms – with foundational skills in corporate tax planning, compliance & related reporting responsibilities & processes (i.e., preparation and/or review of tax returns as well as financial statement tax provisions & related tax reporting).
- Extensive technical knowledge of technical aspects of corporate income taxation within & among EMEA countries (including supply-chain aspects of business models, transfer pricing arrangements, tax consolidation requirements, thin-capitalization or other leveraging regimes, tax exam defense & legislative trends for OECD, EU & local countries) as well as VAT & other non-income tax matters.
- Conversant in US cross-border tax rules & reporting requirements trends (including, as relates to US taxes, concepts such as subpart-F, deemed dividends, earnings & profits, foreign tax credits & check-the-box elections) as well as funding & liquidity structures, foreign currency concepts, cross-border distribution strategies & royalty arrangements, and the tax aspects of M&A, post-transactional integration & intra-group restructuring/refinancing.
- Understanding of key accounting principles & financial reporting processes, with basic awareness of certain US GAAP tax concepts (such as ASC 740 & FIN 48).
- Both accountancy certification and a law degree are preferred for this role. Fluency in English is required, while French or other local country EMEA language skills would be helpful as well.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top