Sr Director, Solution Sales - Agile
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This position is responsible to plan, execute, monitor, and direct CA Technologies’ Agile Management Solution Sales team in Australia and New Zealand, based in Melbourne and Sydney. Responsible for performance and resource allocation needs. Work with sales management to ensure the Solution Sales organization effectively drives and supports the solution selling portion of the sales cycle so CA solutions are presented in a way to meet the customer’s and Partner’s business objectives. This position also has responsibility to work with sales and delivery groups to ensure appropriate collaboration on sales opportunities to achieve properly qualified customer and/or Partner expectations. In addition, this position support and/or develops executive-level relationships with key business leaders in CA’s targeted market.
Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for the company and its customers and Partners which will be measured across five primary areas:
- Customer Focus: Oversee optimization of the overall customer or Partner experience across the assigned territory
- Financial Targets: Ensure staffmeets or exceeds stated financial quotas and targets
- Internal Business Processes: Demonstrate mastery with internal processes, systems and support structure
- Professional Development: Demonstrate high-level proficiency and skill
- Leadership, Teamwork and Planning: Collaborate with, mobilize, and effectively run and develop direct and virtual team(s)
- Direct Solution Sales staff in acquiring knowledge of customers’ businesses, Partner offerings, and competitive landscape and operational processes.
- Ensure thorough resource and time management that existing opportunities are properly staffed and has scale and skill sets to support sales opportunities.
- Help team members build and maintain relationships with senior executives and decision makers, taking the lead as necessary.
- Build long-term partnerships and trust.
- Prioritize efforts to pursue the most pervasive customer needs that CA can successfully address within assigned territory and align the efforts of their Partners in the business accordingly.
- Understand and navigate customer’s buying process and the Partner’s procurement policies through distribution.
- Support sales teams to measure and communicate value delivered to the customer to ensure strength of relationship.
- Understand CA’s vision, strategy and key customer initiatives (for example: SupportConnect, Product Advisory Councils and Beta Programs, etc.); support sales teams to ensure that customers and Partners in the region are consistently kept informed.
- Understand and address customer and Partner survey results/trending and respond to changing customer needs.
- Support sales teams by participation in customer and Partner meetings as needed.
- Ensure team meets or exceeds the team’s stated financial targets.
- Create, maintain and manage to plans to meet or exceed financial targets.
- Direct, measure and accurately predict financial outcomes.
- Direct territory-wide opportunities and transactions to ensure balance, long-term stability and sustainability of book-of-business.
- Analyze financial and performance metrics to plan for optimum performance efficiency and financial return.
- Show a level of consistency in meeting financial targets that demonstrate a higher-level management responsibility.
Internal Business Processes
- Demonstrate mastery CA’s approved methods and processes for:
- Territory Planning
- Partner Enablement Planning
- Account Planning
- Opportunity Planning
- Lead to Quote
- Quarterly Business Reviews
- Performance Management
- Need-based Sales Methodology
- Review and Approval Processes
- Ensure adherence to, and be regarded as an exemplary role model for CA’s Core Values, Code of Conduct, Ethics and compliance requirements.
- Explain and consistently enforce directives from senior management.
- Ensure staff understands corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper security measures are applied and followed at all times.
- Enforce corporate policy with respect to equal employment opportunity, non-discrimination and other related policies.
Demonstrate on-going personal and professional development mastery with respect to the following capabilities:
- Provide team leadership, coaching and mentoring to staff
- Comfort-level around senior management
- Articulate business cases / proposals to senior management (internal / external)
- Proposal development, negotiation, closing and booking business
- Develop future leaders
- Complete leadership class or online training per quarter
- Business and industry acumen
- Problem solving skills and agility
- Competitor awareness
- Consultative ‘questioning’ and active listening
- Oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Business planning
- Financial analysis
- Time management
- Hiring, succession planning and corrective action
- Employee relations rules and regulations
Leadership, Teamwork & Planning
- Demonstrate mastery in teambuilding and conflict management.
- Recognize team members’ roles, responsibilities, strengths and weaknesses in order to improve and optimize direct and virtual team effectiveness.
- Demonstrate mastery in navigating CA’s internal processes and systems, and supporting roles.
- Provide teambuilding, coaching and mentoring to staff.
- Demonstrate effective time management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrate effective partnering with CA’s internal and external Partners.
- Work with employees to create personalized development plans through regular one-on-one reviews of skills and personal career goals; follow up to ensure that employees execute on their plans in a timely fashion.
- Use reviews to identify possible successors, and provide them opportunities to broaden their experience and enhance their skills.
- Consistently reinforce the importance of CA’s Core Values.
- Monitor and control the activities and performance of staff under their supervision, setting expectations and providing guidance and direction as needed.
- Ensure that the team receives regular training on CA’s products, services and other initiatives, as well as skills training (such as account planning, better forecasting, listening and positioning skills, etc.), as appropriate.
- Hold regular team meetings and one-on-one meetings, to ensure the team is on track to meet business goals, provide consistent mentoring and coaching.
- Ensure appropriately qualified and/or experienced personnel are recruited, provided a complete orientation to CA’s organization, policies and procedures, systems and strategy, (including administrative staff), formally introduced to all internal and customer contacts, and trained according to their individual needs.
- Mentor other managers within CA to help them attain a higher-level management experience, professionalism and accountability.
Typical Role Definition
Business/Operational Leadership. Typically manages department(s) or ‘sub- functions’ of significant scope and financial and operational impact. Expected to operate autonomously within area of responsibility and fully accountable for meeting strategic financial and operating objectives of the department(s) or ‘sub-functions’. Broad knowledge of all areas within particular department(s) or ‘sub-functions’ derived from experience in non-management and middle-management roles. Develops budgets for SVP approval and manages budget once approved. Develops others by encouraging accountability and enforcing performance standards. Makes, or reviews others, selection, disciplinary, termination, and compensation decisions. Plans for and makes strategic and tactical business decisions that directly affect the department(s) or ‘sub-functions’ and organization’s processes. Becomes involved in elevated issues arising from daily activities. Resolves complex problems that arise in everyday work. Develops and implements policies and procedures for the department(s) or ‘sub-functions’ to meet broad, but specific goals and objectives of the function; modifies goals in response to organizational changes. Analyzes and challenges current working methods to create improvements in processes and results. Develops and approves exceptions to policy tied directly to department(s), ‘sub-functions’, or relevant area of responsibility.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Develop go-to-market internal and external sales strategies to attain quota.
- Make key personnel decisions within team and personnel/alignment recommendations to matrix team members.
- Typically has 6-10 direct reports.
- Typically has a total staff of 11-25.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Country.
- Typically manages a total budget of up to $10 million USD.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in Marketing, Information Technology, a business discipline or related field. Appropriate industry certifications preferred. An MBA or relevant graduate degree is preferred.
Typically 12 years of experience in the IT or related industry with a focus on Solution Sales activities. Proven track record of effectively and successfully managing a large, geographically dispersed Solution Sales team’s performance a plus.
Skills & Competencies
Key Competencies include:
- Customer Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate customer and Partner focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect.
- Knowledge and Application of CA’s Solution Sets: Possess in-depth knowledge of and completely understands CA’s products and range of solution sets, how to identify the best possible solutions to meet customers’ and Partner’s business needs and how to appropriately position CA solutions with customers and Partners.
- Territory Management: Direct territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
- Effective Communication: Deliver outstanding oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
- Industry Knowledge: Possess in-depth knowledge of a given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Effective Selling: Ensure staff utilizes solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leveraging mastery of sales best practices and CA’s sales methodology.
- Business Acumen: Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
- Financial Acumen: Use in-depth financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; know how financial decisions impact business success.
- Current certification in a domain specific area of expertise is required (i.e.: CISSP, SNIA, ITIL, ITIAM. Project management solutions experience is preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly
Back to top