Sr Director, Presales
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
As a Sr Director, Digital Presales, you will be responsible to plan, execute, monitor, and direct Presales consulting and architecture team's performance and resource allocation needs within a specified geographic territory (area, country, or region). Work with sales management to ensure the Presales organization effectively drives and supports the technical validation portion of the sales cycle so CA products and solutions are presented in a way to meet the customers' and Partner's business objectives. This position also has responsibility to work with sales and delivery groups to ensure appropriate collaboration on sales opportunities to achieve properly qualified customer and/or Partner expectations. In addition, this position supports and/or develops executive-level relationships with key business leaders in CA's targeted market.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Sr Director, Digital Presales:
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Direct Presales staff in acquiring knowledge of customers' businesses, Partner offerings, and competitive landscape and operational processes.
- Ensure thorough resource and time management that existing opportunities are properly staffed and has scale and skill sets to support sales opportunities.
- Help team members build and maintain relationships with senior executives and decision makers, taking the lead as necessary.
- Build long-term partnerships and trust.
- Prioritize efforts to pursue the most pervasive customer needs that CA can successfully address within assigned territory and align the efforts of their Partners in the business accordingly.
- Understand and navigate customer's buying process and the Partner's procurement policies through distribution.
- Support sales teams to measure and communicate value delivered to the customer to ensure strength of relationship.
- Understand CA's vision, strategy and key customer initiatives (for example: SupportConnect, Product Advisory Councils and Beta Programs, etc.); support sales teams to ensure that customers and Partners in the region are consistently kept informed.
- Understand and address customer and Partner survey results/trending and respond to changing customer needs.
- Support sales teams by participation in customer and Partner meetings as needed.
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for successfully building and maintaining professional relationships and above all, they will be driven and motivated to drive sales and contribute towards CA's continued success. An ideal background will include:
- 12+ years of experience with of Presales experience, of which 7 years are in a Presales supervisory position with proven results.
- Demonstrate mastery in teambuilding and conflict management.
- Recognize team members' roles, responsibilities, strengths and weaknesses in order to improve and optimize direct and virtual team effectiveness.
- Demonstrate mastery in navigating CA's internal processes and systems, and supporting roles.
- Provide teambuilding, coaching and mentoring to staff.
- Demonstrate effective time management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrate effective partnering with CA's internal and external Partners.
- Work with employees to create personalized development plans through regular one-on-one reviews of skills and personal career goals; follow up to ensure that employees execute on their plans in a timely fashion.
- Use reviews to identify possible successors, and provide them opportunities to broaden their experience and enhance their skills.
- Consistently reinforce the importance of CA's Core Values.
- Monitor and control the activities and performance of staff under their supervision, setting expectations and providing guidance and direction as needed.
- Ensure that the team receives regular training on CA's products, services and other initiatives, as well as skills training (such as account planning, better forecasting, listening and positioning skills, etc.), as appropriate.
- Hold regular team meetings and one-on-one meetings, to ensure the team is on track to meet business goals, provide consistent mentoring and coaching.
- Ensure appropriately qualified and/or experienced personnel are recruited, provided a complete orientation to CA's organization, policies and procedures, systems and strategy, (including administrative staff), formally introduced to all internal and customer contacts, and trained according to their individual needs.
- Mentor other managers within CA to help them attain a higher-level of management experience, professionalism and accountability.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top