Sr Director, Information Technology
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
The Sr. Director Information Security establishes and maintains the enterprise vision, strategy and program to ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected. The Sr. Director is responsible for all IT security aspects of the organizations information technology and systems, including policies, standards, and oversight of security operations. The Sr. Director Information Security demonstrates expertise in business environments, familiarity with regulations (SOX, ISO 27001, PCI), experience with auditing, risk management, vulnerability assessments, and incident management.
Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred (major in computer science related discipline or information systems discipline preferred)
- Fifteen years' information technology experience including 5 years of management experience with solid background in enterprise wide information security protection.
- Five years' people management experience including hiring, coaching, and developing internal staff members and managing external resources to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Proven ability to lead and influence organizations leaders to support efforts and implementation of strategic initiatives that impact organization's performance, systems, processes and structure.
Skills & Competencies
- As an expert in the field, use professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters
- Advanced knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all platforms
- Provide expert direction to leadership in regards to security technologies and processes; Fully versed on all including emerging technologies, methods, and design considerations
- Interpret department strategies and services, resolve conflicts, influence outcomes on matters of significance for the division, conduct final negotiations and coordinate approvals/decision making below the executive level
- Expert level understanding of Security Information & Event Management concepts
- Expert level understanding of regulatory controls and industry standard like SOX, ISO27000, PCI & SAS70 Type2
- Outstanding Oral and Written Communication as well as the ability to interact effectively with peers and Senior Mgmt.
- Expert ability to coach and mentor junior staff
- Expert level understanding of various operating systems and security configurations within (i.e.: AIX, Mainframe, Redhat, Solaris, Windows, Suse, Cisco IOS, Apple MacOS, Apple IOS, Google Android)
- Expert knowledge of IT Security Risk management practices
- Expert level familiarly with ITIL practices such as Incident, Request, Change, and Access & Problems Mgmt.
- Expert level skills utilizing Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Understanding of the political dynamics of the enterprise and ability to navigate them.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills. Broad range of management, business, and leadership skills required.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. Proven ability to manage concurrent complex projects.
- Ability to effectively manage time and costs through activity duration, sequencing, estimating, schedule development and control, resource planning and cost estimating and budgeting and control using program management practices.
- Proven ability to manage programs across global centers.
- Ability to effectively manage risk through risk identification, quantification and control using formal program management practices.
- Ability to understand the long-term ('big picture') and short term perspective of situations.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of alternatives.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Expected to understand and apply system management, performance timing and troubleshooting techniques.
- Remain unbiased toward any specific vendor or technology choice; is more interested in results than in personal preferences.
- Interprets department strategies and services, resolves conflicts, influences outcomes on matters of significance for the division, conducts final negotiations and coordinates approvals/decision making below the executive level.
- Displays intellectual integrity
- Has completed all relevant certifications in Security field. CISSP, CISM & ITIL v3 are required; for selected candidates not possessing these certifications, they must be attained within the first year. CCFE, CHFI or other forensics certification desired.
Below is the link to the internal QMS job description where you can view the Band Level & Job Family:
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top