Sr Director, External Communications
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
The CA Product Communications Team is looking for a Senior Director of External Communications to lead a team of seasoned PR and communications professionals in leading the efforts to shape and tell the CA product, solutions and technology story. In this role, you'll have the ability to bring in creative thinking for communications strategy development and programming. You'll work across functions and teams to shape newsworthy storylines to position CA as an industry leader and innovator. You'll work with a highly motivated comms team and engage with the brightest engineers and business leaders in enterprise software to shape the stories that we tell through traditional, new and social media outlets.
In addition, you'll play a key role in shaping and delivering CA's CyberSecurity narrative. In close collaboration with the Security BU and Product Marketing teams, you'll help build the CA CyberSecurity Thought Leadership position and work with them to build and execute the plans that ensure we are in the right conversations.
The Senior Director of External Communications will report directly to the VP of Product Communications and IAR, manage a team of three communications professionals and manage the external PR agency relationship. You'll work out of the CA offices with fellow teammates in New York or Santa Clara, CA.
- Plan and execute activities within the overall communications organization
- Develop and implement global, integrated communications plans in partnership with global/regional communications colleagues and the PR agency
- Collaborate across communications disciplines to help attain overall communication and company objectives
- Analyze operating results versus approved plans and objectives for constant and continuous program optimization
- Develop and implement communications strategies, objectives and operating policies and procedures to ensure attainment of the Corporate and local objectives
- Review, construct and establish communications policies, protocols and procedures for the organization as needed
- Organize ongoing dialogs and processes with business leaders to ensure that communications plans are supported and deployed and that they are aligned with strategic and business plans
- Partner closely with Employee Communications lead for aligned program development and execution
- Ensure that communications throughout the organization is reviewed from a strategic perspective, that it is aligned with corporate and business strategies and measured against corporate-level goals
- Act as an internal consultant to management on communications-related issues
- Play a leadership role on the team to identify and implement communications-related process improvements
- Support team development and growth through mentorship and leadership by example
Skills & Competencies
- Minimum 12 years of technology communications experience with expertise in the enterprise software sector
- 3-5 years of previous team management experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage relationships with, and influence, senior executives
- Strong strategic planning, problem-solving, leadership and staff development skills
- Great collaborator, problem solver, and consultative manager that leads by example
- Extremely strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, particularly cross-organization and cross-function. Emphasis on building solid working relationships
- Ability to understand and articulate technology-driven messages and strategies
- Keen insight into CA's products, solutions and capabilities
- Previous experience in the CyberSecurity sector
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong editing, copywriting and project management skills.
- Ability to listen, solve problems, and maintain flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal communication, action and results oriented
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top