Sr Director, Education Sales
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
As a Sr Director, Education Sales, you will be responsible for the business growth of the CA Education in the Region or area. Lead the Education Sales team responsible for increasing Education bookings, revenue, and attachment rates through collaboration with Services and Sales teams and reaching out to the customer base. In some regions, may be responsible exclusively for bookings. In some areas, may also be responsible for the coordination of Education operations and delivery.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Sr Director, Education Sales:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Work with senior Education management to create budgets and business plans for the group.
- Create short and long-term objectives for his/her group to meet the goals and objectives set forth for the Regional or area-level CA Education business, as applicable.
- Achieve Regional or area-level Education quota targets through both independent initiatives and collaboration with field organizations.
- Work with CA groups such as Sales, Technical Sales, Development, Support, Services, and Marketing to plan and execute team objectives.
- Supervise and direct the assigned team of Education personnel.
- Develop and mentor staff by guiding their learning in conjunction with the strategy and direction of the CA product and Services businesses.
- Drive increases in CA Education bookings and attachment rates in product and Services sales opportunities through relationships developed with Sales and Services management teams in their assigned Regions or areas.
- Drive increases in net-new CA Education business through detailed account research and aggressive marketing to the customer base.
- Drive increased CA Education revenue through ownership of accounts and collaboration with Account Directors and Sales teams.
- Ensure the transfer of opportunities that either exceed or fall below pre-determined dollar thresholds to the appropriate Education Sales groups for follow-up.
- As requested, direct the activities of the Inside Sales staff responsible for the proactive generation of Education revenue over the telephone.
- Build relationships and develop credibility with senior-level contacts and partners that help achieve CA Education’s results.
- Position CA Education solutions to meet the customers’ business goals and objectives. This involves:
- Visit customers to assess their satisfaction with their current training engagements.
- Identify follow-up Education opportunities.
- Understand the factors affecting the customer’s buying process, including the purchasing decision process (both formal and informal), the focus of decision-making, and the political infrastructure.
- Proactively seek out and build relationships with third parties in the accounts.
- Promote attendance of customer management at CA corporate events.
- Provide accurate and timely financial forecasting data to CA Education senior management.
- Monitor employee satisfaction, taking corrective action as needed based on the annual Employee Opinion Survey.
- Ensure all staff members adhere to the Time and Expense Policy as posted on OneCA.
- Ensure all staff members adhere to the CA Policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics, Security and any required training available in the LMS.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for successfully building and maintaining professional relationships and above all, they will be driven and motivated to drive sales and contribute towards CA’s continued success. An ideal background will include:
- Typically, 10 or more years of work experience as an IT Education/Sales professional are required for this position
- Must have proven experience facilitating training and meetings with senior-level management.
- Experienced in managing teams of 10 or more sales professionals.
- Must be educated in Information Technology and preferable have of 5 or more years’ experience at an IT Education/Learning organization
- Ability to understand and communicate how the variety of CA Education’s offerings complement customers’ training needs.
- Must possess highly professional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate understanding of running a profitable Education/Learning P&L as a result of previous personal experience and apply past experience to assist current team in achieving their objectives
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top