Sr Director, Digital Sales
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
As a Sr Director, Digital Sales, you will be responsible for directing Inside Sales Directors and account teams in achieving the company's revenue goals for specific products, build customer loyalty, and support and promote the company's strategy and initiatives by building and managing high performance teams.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Sr Director, Digital Sales:
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Develop and execute a sales business plan with goals and objectives, based on opportunity and the company's strategic direction and ensure that the teams do the same.
- Understand, keep up-to-date on the company's vision and strategy and customer initiatives and communicate organizational challenges and strategies; understand, keep-up-to-date and communicate the long-term view of the possibilities to shape the future for CA's transformational opportunities.
- Ensure managers within the organization follow the employee recruitment, development and orientation guidelines as outlined above.
- Ensure staff and management are performing at a high level by monitoring their activities, setting expectations and providing guidance and direction as needed.
- Regularly meet with direct reports to review the health of the business.
- Review weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual performance against targets.
- Review and determine team and individual goals.
- Consistently enforce directives from the senior management, such as revenue attainment levels and attachment rates on additional services offered.
- Review and present regular pipeline forecasts and business health checks to senior sales management.
- Work collaboratively with counterparts in Sales to ensure customer satisfaction and near-100% retention rates.
- Collaborate with and develop recommendations for quota, compensation and commissioning to senior management.
- Ensure resources are available to support timely and successful campaigns and phone coverage.
- Foster communication between various organizations to ensure teamwork.
- Maintain appropriate solutions, services, and industry positioning knowledge.
- Build relationships with internal customers at all levels.
- Support teams by participating in customer meetings and building relationships with customer contacts, as appropriate.
- Work directly with GIS and other virtual teams to continuously augment and modify internal systems and processes to support the business.
- Consistently reinforce the importance of the company's Core Values.
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for successfully building and maintaining professional relationships and above all, they will be driven and motivated to drive sales and contribute towards CA's continued success. An ideal background will include:
- 12+ years of experience with of Digital or Inside Sales experience, of which 7 years are in Inside Sales supervisory position with proven results.
- Thorough understanding of knowledge and the skills necessary to solve full range of day-to-day management problems.
- Strong interviewing, meeting facilitation and customer service skills.
- Problem resolution skills, presentation and computer skills
- Leadership skills to mobilize and empower teams to achieve.
- Strategic planning capabilities and knowledge of operational strategy and planning.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and developing facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Change initiatives concepts and best practices.
- Coach, develop and motivate teams. Lead by example.
- Lead multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Base decisions on analysis and assessment of facts.
- Understand the long-term ("big picture") and short team perspective situations.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills and an understanding of department strategies and services, resolve conflicts and influence outcomes on non-routine matters for the division with some management assistance.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new Inside Sales approaches.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize, assign, monitor, and control the activities of the team.
- Understand of financial budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis.
- Conduct effective meetings.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top