Sr. Dev OPS Engineer
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to do the best work of your life?
We are searching for a talented Sr. Dev OPS Engineer to join our growing Security team in our Austin, TX office. We are looking for a Sr. Dev OPS Engineer that is passionate about development and helping the Security team with new development on the Security products
About the Role:
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written format.
- Assist in strategic research and design as directed.
- Set up software configuration control and software development environments including program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Provide product content to technical writers.
- Mentor, train, develop and serve as knowledge resource for less experienced Software Engineers.
- Develop plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other development team members.
- Visualize, articulate and break down complex testing areas into simpler parts.
- Participates in grooming of product backlog with product management, architecture, and other stakeholders.
- Visualize, articulate and break down complex problems into simpler parts.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
How You'll Stand Out:
An ideal background will include:
- Experience in with the development of Continuous Integration build pipelines
- Experience with scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Shell and Bash)
- Experience working with Github, Jenkins and Artifactory
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience working with Docker and Docker Compose.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Experience in software development, systems engineering, and the deployment and transition of information systems into complex environments.
- Must have experience in requirements management, software development, testing, deployment.
- Experience in preparing IT technical documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with experience in preparing IT trade studies, evaluations, and technical reports.
- Energetic, self-motivated, team player.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top