CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
We are currently looking for a Sr Counsel to join us at our Singapore office. This role is responsible for providing legal advice to our local subsidiary and assisting our global organization as required. The following areas are of primary focus: software licensing, consulting services, contract law, IT law.
In addition there will be some involvement in employment law, corporate law, competition law, litigation and mergers & acquisitions. A solid understanding of the IT industry is essential. In the spirit of assisting CA to make sales and win business, we require strong negotiation skills and risk assessment. The role of counsel will be the primary legal lead supporting various parts of the Sales organization.
- Provide legal advice and help resolve complexities on software licensing related issues as primary legal contact to portions of the business
- Assist the sales organization in the negotiation of terms and conditions of software licenses, services agreements, partner documentation and related agreements with customers
- Review and revise software licenses, services agreements and related agreements
- Training staff on issues concerning legal, IP, compliance and governance
- Represent Company in disputes and retain and manage outside counsel responsible for handling disputes
- Provide employment related legal advice to HR and senior management
- Assist with due diligence of issues in connection with acquisitions and divestitures
- Assisting with compliance investigations
- Manage and advise on Company’s general corporate legal activities
- Act as resource to help resolve complex issues that affect the Company’s internal and external relations and business activities
- Participating in APJ and Worldwide projects
Skills and Experience
- Experience working with legal matters related to ITC sector, with emphasis on Software Licenses preferred
- Qualified to practice law in Singapore plus further qualifications and certifications relevant to this role
- +8 years’ experience including experience in an in-house role
- Experience managing a team is an advantage
- Strong ability to draft, revise and negotiate legal documents and addenda
- Knowledge of ITC related contract issues
- Ability to establish and maintain strong internal client relationships across CA’s businesses
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top