Sr Consultant, Presales
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
As a Sr Consultant, Presales, you will be responsible for positioning and proving CA's products and solutions address clients' and partner's business and IT needs. This is accomplished by having a solid understanding of CA's products and solutions within the assigned product group and a solid knowledge of CA's technology strategies in order to articulate their application to customer's and partner's IT practices.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About Sr Consultant, Presales:
In this role, you'll help organizations rewrite their businesses through software by:
- Demonstrating products to technical and non-technical audiences, at executive and/or technical levels, and at pre- and post-sales meetings
- Articulating the business and technical value proposition and key differentiating capabilities to prospective new customers and solutions partners
- Leading architecture design discussions and recommend an appropriate combination of technical solutions for production deployment
- Preparing and present technical proposals
- Collaborating with sales representatives to ensure all aspects of the sale are aligned
- Identifying market and product requirements based on field experience and customer input
- Partnering with our Sales and Product Development teams to develop enterprise solutions
- Ensuring total customer satisfaction with the customer's implementation experience
- Participating in conferences, shows, exhibitions when appropriate and requested
- Being a master of your domain – CA encourages and expects on-going learning
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for successfully building and maintaining professional relationships and above all, they will be driven and motivated to drive sales and contribute towards CA's continued success. An ideal background will include:
- 3-5 years' experience with business or inside sales with a proven track record or success in owning a quota, managing, growing, and closing transactions in enterprise accounts
- Have experience working within IT Asset Management or Software Asset Management
- Domain Expertise: Possess advanced skills and knowledge of the Systems and Tools necessary to conduct your job effectively
- Systems & Tools Knowledge: Possessing the Skills and Knowledge to understand the systems and tools necessary to conduct your job effectively
- Prospecting: Advanced understanding of the process and skill of reaching out to potential customers with the goal of finding new business opportunities
- Presentation & Communication: Confident in using a structured approach to prepare and deliver a situationally relevant presentation that is communicated in an interesting, engaging and provocative manner and motivates the audience to take action.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organization skills.
- Possess a natural ability to network and build lasting business relationships.
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority on industry trends, competitive practice, issues, etc.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top