Sr Consultant, Presales
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Sr. Consultant, Presales – NY Metro Market
Are you interested in joining the best team on earth with the best in class suite of Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions in the market?
As a Principal Consultant, Presales you will be responsible for providing subject-matter expertise on the Security solution portfolio. You will drive technical relationships with all stakeholders and support sales opportunities. The Presales Engineer will work closely with the sales team throughout the sales process to ensure all of the client’s technical needs are understood and met with the best possible solution.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communications skills and be able to translate technical requirements for a nontechnical audience. The successful candidate will work well under pressure, be self-motivated while still interacting well with a team, be highly organized and have a high energy level. If you have experience with:
- Presenting business and technical messaging
- White boarding business concepts and technical architectures
- Demonstrating IAM products in both business aspects and technical aspects
- Install, configure and troubleshoot solutions and conduct proof of concepts
- Developing trust and long lasting relationships with customers
- Work in a team, share knowledge as well as work independently
- Self-learning new technologies quickly and be comfortable talking about new technologies and events
- Committed to provide Security solution advice and technical guidance to sales teams and key business partners.
- Challenge yourself to create and deliver innovative product demonstrations for prospects, customers, and partners on-site and remotely.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight during trials, Proof of Concept (POCs), complex demos, etc.
- Developing tactical and strategic sales plans and proposals to win business for the sales teams.
- Take pride in contributing field knowledge and feedback to direct future product requirements and enhancements as our technologies are constantly updated.
- Provide feedback to appropriate CA parties on product enhancements or services that would be beneficial to the customer and potentially generate additional revenue.
- Collaborate closely with your internal network and the customer to obtain a deep understanding of the customer’s technology needs or offerings and architect a solution to meet them.
- Understand and act as a valued resource early and often within the customer’s decision making process.
- Capable of delivering value pitches to business users at the C-Level as well as leading deep dive technical discussions with IT.
- Eager to learn, maintain a deep and extensive technical knowledge of the products.
- Provide excellent technical specifications and requirements documentation as necessary to support the proposed solution.
- Typically 5+ years’ experience as a sales engineer or solution architect, working with enterprise software products or services.
- Recent experience with Identity Governance and Administration
- Web Access Management, Single Sign-On and Federation
- Advanced Authentication, Multi Factor Authentication, Risk Based Authentication and Fraud prevention
- API security and Management
- Privileged Identity Management
- Mobile security and enablement
- Cloud Based Authentication & Identity Management
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer requirements, identify business problems, and demonstrate proposed solutions.
- Both direct and partner presales activity experience will be seen as a benefit.
- Typically may have a Bachelor Degree or global equivalent experience in an IT, business or sales related field.
- Typically have or are working towards a CISSP certification
Job is in the greater New York City area and requires up to 60% travel.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top