Sr Business Analyst
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for developing quality standards and process improvement initiatives through the use of measurements, accountability, and analysis in order to achieve best practices. This position also prepares complex financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Help support and maintain the current reporting assets of the BI team. This includes refreshing reports/dashboards, monitoring data quality, troubleshooting and correcting defects in reporting assets, answering user questions, and making required enhancements/changes to various spreadsheets, scripts, and dashboards.
- Design, develop, and test Qlikview scripts to import data from source systems and test Qlikview dashboards to meet customer requirements.
- Insure that the Qlikview server process continues to run and operate in the most efficient manner.
- Work to optimize the efficiency and accuracy with which reporting and analytics are delivered to the business.
- Collaboration with our Information Systems (GIS) organization to identify and acquire the best tools with which to collect, store, access, and share data.
- Drive business insights that can be leveraged to improve the customer experience or operational efficiency.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
Typically, 5 years of related experience.
Skills & Competencies:
- Experience with creating Qlikview dashboard from scratch to end i.e. knows how to do data modeling, designing the dashboard and publishing the dashboard.
- 3+ years' experience in developing / architecting BI Solutions.
- Hands-on professional with thorough knowledge of scripting, data source integration and advanced GUI development in Qlikview.
- Experience in sourcing data from disparate systems with a good understanding of their Data Models and ETL procedures.
- Strong knowledge on Qlikview server architecture and building qvd's and qvw's applying business rules and data validations.
- A high degree of proficiency with databases. An understanding of database structures/design and the ability to write SQL queries. Database administration skills are a plus.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to discuss business objectives and potential solutions with non-technical stakeholders.
- Excel skills, including formulas, pivot tables, and data analysis.
- Experience with Power Pivots, Power Query and PowerBI
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top