Sr Applications Developer-Devops,Java,Linux
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for conducting analysis, design, evaluation, modification, testing and implementation of reports, decision support tools, programs, applications and enterprise-wide systems. This can include applications in departmental applications, research and analysis, ERP systems and business intelligence or security controls concerning those applications. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems, reports, statistical tools, graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. Create, evaluate and modify prototypes to support evolving software application development.
- Plan and direct studies of applications, programs and information requests, and then prepare design proposals to reflect cost, time and alternative actions. Develop test plans and protocols for evaluation of system performance. Develop design documents, test plans and document results. Conduct analysis of systems specifications and use analysis/diagramming tools to represent business/technical processes. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Prepare and obtain approval of system and programming documentation. Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Coordinate system upgrade activity. Train user personnel in the use of certain reports and applications, conversion and implementation of the system.
- Develop, analyze and modify tools that support and automate processes for software product releases. Work with project teams to schedule and then initiate the build and packaging process. Responsible for source code control. Ensure software registry and delivery.
- Provide technical leadership in developing applications, programs, reports and analyzing business requirements for intranet and external Internet applications, ERP systems, business intelligence, data warehousing and statistical decision support related systems. Build applications using various technologies including Internet and Windows Development tools. Develop web page infrastructure and applications related to pages with more advanced graphics and features. Assure web server and site technical performance.
- Compile data and research results for use in meeting information requests, decision support and business intelligence activities. Assist in evaluating accountability measures, program evaluation, student testing and prepare summary and detailed statistics and reports.
- Develop, assess and communicate website usage and security policies and standards. Provide technical assistance to site administrators. May make hardware and/or software purchasing recommendations or decisions regarding web development. May perform overall administration of sites at a company-wide level.
Typically possesses a Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent.
Typically has 5 or more years of related professional experience. Applied knowledge of how to use code generation technologies, enterprise application integration, service oriented architecture, ETL tools (extract, transform, load) and application infrastructure technologies.
- Expertise in developing products/integrations/infrastructure automation – using either Java/J2EE/Python/Ruby/Perl.
- Comfortable with Unix environments, and knowledge about cloud/container technologies based on VMware, OpenStack/Docker, AWS/Azure, Chef, etc.
- Flexibility to work during different time-zones, if reqd by the business.
- Design and implement DevOps solutions for users to improve developer and tester productivity
- Administer, manage and support applications used in the DevOps space, related to Planning, SCM, Build & Release, Testing tools.
- Troubleshoot complex issues in production environments, propose and implement solutions
- Provide consultation on various DevOps tools and services to product teams
- Identifying and implementing automation of different business processes
- Completion of all primary certifications in area of specialty is preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top