Sr Administrative Assistant
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
As a Sr. Administrative Assistant at CA, you would be responsible to perform increasingly complex administrative support activities to our Corporate Marketing team.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Provide specific departmental administrative support on a wide range of increasingly complex issues and projects as assigned.
- Answer phones, making proper referral or handling as appropriate.
- Prepare reports, correspondence and forms using a wide variety of text editing software and managing features (formatting, editing, deleting, updating, etc.); create, test and implement Microsoft Word macros and templates.
- Disseminate information to appropriate parties in a timely manner; monitors and/or follows-up on appropriate items.
- Open, read, sort, prioritize and distribute incoming mail; ensure outgoing mail and packages are prepared properly and scheduled for delivery.
- Plan and organize work to ensure accurate and logical organization of files, documents and records; ensure effective control of forms; control confidentiality of files as necessary.
- Copy and/or fax documents.
- Coordinate domestic/international travel arrangements.
- Type and select appropriate format for presentations; recommends changes in the design and layout of existing presentations and reports.
- Organize and expedite workflow to comply with deadlines and priorities.
- Manage multiple and/or complex calendars.
- Coordinate independently onsite/offsite meetings.
- Interact with outside vendors.
- Attend to any catering needs.
- Handle travel and expense needs
- Compile data and information sent to various agencies.
- Take, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes without review or supervision.
- Handle project tracking: (i.e., budget, database, time lines).
- Serve as point of contact for information regarding areas of responsibility.
- Interact effectively with various levels of senior management.
- Assist with and at times lead special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Organize and expedite workflow through department so as to comply with deadlines and priorities.
- Assist in management of group budget.
- Conduct and/or facilitate meetings.
- Provide management with status/activity reports.
- May be responsible for, at times, providing work direction to and training of other administrative personnel.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for organized, thorough and detail-oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Typically 5-10 years of related Marketing or Executive Administrative experience.
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Able to resolve problems with limited supervision.
- Possess advanced knowledge of computer software (MS Office i.e. word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and database skills); knowledge of standard CA tools
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Discretion in dealing with proprietary information.
- Able to interface with high-level internal and external contacts.
- Awareness of manager’s goals as well as department goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of business processes.
- Business acumen.
- Business travel of approximately 10 % or less yearly is expected for this position.
Associate degree or global equivalent in a related field is preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top