CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
As a Sr. Accountant you will be responsible for helping to ensure global U.S. GAAP compliance, compiling and analyzing financial data to be used in financial reports and the preparation of journal entries posted to the general ledger, as well as reconciling balance sheet accounts, assisting with the issuance and maintenance of corporate accounting policy and procedures, assisting with the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and working on special projects as determined by management.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry and be responsible for:
- Preparing journal entries for posting into the general ledger and regional subsidiary ledgers.
- Maintaining various accounting schedules on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Reconciling various balance sheet accounts, investigate and resolve variances.
- Managing special projects and analysis as required.
- Assisting with daily, monthly, or weekly financial analysis as required.
- Preparing audit support for internal and external auditors.
- Process improvements.
- Assisting with SOX compliance.
- Assisting in drafting of policies and procedures.
- Interfacing with external auditors and CA Finance management.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- BS or BA in Accounting and a CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of financial reporting experience (public or public/private combined).
- Software industry accounting experience a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read and interpret accounting pronouncements.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Power-point).
- Ability to read and understand accounting pronouncements.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, research and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- No significant budgetary or other financial accountability.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high level of detail.
- An ability to work in a team environment and lead when necessary.
- Project management skills.
- Organizational, time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Business travel of approximately 10 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, focusing on Microsoft Excel.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top