Specialist, Sales Operations
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
As a Specialist of Sales Operations you will be responsible to support various sales and services operations functions, including planning, organization, variable compensation, commissions, reporting, tools, systems, processes, procedures and communications. This position supports a number of ‘clients’, including; sales, marketing, services, education, product support and the business units. This position if focused on supporting clients at either a geography level or a Sales and Services Operational Center of Excellence (COE) level. This position will either help create programs and initiatives or be responsible for implementing those programs.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Working in conjunction with internal clients to support their business needs while driving a level of standardization
- Coordinating the organization changes within each internal client including planning, quotas, sales plans, organization changes, IC targets, teaming with Sales, Finance and HR staff. Guidelines to be set within the operational centers of excellence and implemented within the sales operation teams.
- Defining and overseeing improvements to internal client processes, systems and procedures
- Facilitating meetings and communication in the various internal client organizations
- Working closely with and assist executive management as required
- Making recommendations and propose changes to operation policies and procedures. Work with the sales operation team members to ensure the appropriateness of the change
- Mentoring other operation team members on operation principles and approaches
Collaborate with client(s), and other internal functions to:
- Managing environment and data to support fiscal year planning, quota setting, budgeting and business readiness processes
- Managing environment and prepare data to support Business Change Management as relates to Quota, Organization, Account Management, and Forecasting
- Supporting communication efforts with regard to OneCA, Share Point and communications to the field
- Implementing Acquisition Planning and Management to support the overall business strategy.
- Implementing strategy in areas of Sales and Business Support; Sales Partnership and guidance, Opportunity/Deal Management, Sales Methodology & Enablement, Communications
- Implementing and execute Local Sales Management Systems & Initiatives, including deal review and forecast process.
- Managing system requirement product list, release schedule for enhancements, testing and deployment readiness
- Determining process requirements, enhancements and planning
- Providing Business support on systems and processes
- Producing root cause analysis & recommendations to the business
- Being an SME and coordination point for local users
- Performing data integrity reviews, trending, and recommendations
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Finance, Marketing or a business related field. MBA or global equivalent preferred.
- Typically 7 or more years of experience in field facing or finance roles, preferably in the Information Technology sector.
- Experience with Microsoft Access and/or SQL
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Salesforce.com
- Experience in process automation
- Background with multi-dimensional modeling and planning
- Understanding of data integration technologies
- History of working in a global role
- Strong leadership, planning, execution, presentation, communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and multi-tasking skills.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial style and strong ability to work without direction with breakthrough thinking, influencing and execution capabilities.
- Strong spread sheet and analysis abilities, systems and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to build relationships with complimentary areas of the business, particularly in Finance, GIS, HR and the field facing organizations.
- Proven expertise in one or more of the following: program management, project management, communication (writing, video creation etc), coaching and mentoring, change management or create, measure, and analyze learning impact on business.
- Liaison with cross functional teams and senior management to get buy-in for the vision, strategy, and learning program details
- Strong negotiation, communication, strategic thinking and presentation skills
- Participate in or lead complex projects
- Ability to learn new products, technology, processes quickly
- Effectively implement change management principles in their work
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top