Specialist, Partner Program Mgmt
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible to implement, drive for adoption, administer and manage one or more major components of the Partner Program’s processes and systems for the assigned route(s) to market.
Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for CA across five primary areas:
- Partner Focus: Provide an excellent and consistent overall regional Partner Program experience
- Financial Targets: Administer the financial commitments of the Partner Program
- Internal Business Processes: Demonstrate mastery with CA’s internal processes, systems and support structure
- Professional Development: Demonstrate high-level of proficiency and skill
- Leadership, Teamwork and Planning: Mobilize, collaborate with, and effectively run virtual team(s)
- Implement, drive for adoption and manage one or more key components of the regional version of the global Partner Program for the assigned route in the region.
- Work with the Partner sales team and other Partner-focused teams to manage the Partner ecosystem for the route including Partner identification, Partner recruitment, Partner on-boarding and Partner enablement.
- Support Partner business planning for the Partners in the assigned ecosystem.
- Execute the route-specific Partner Program in line with the global Partner Program framework.
- Monitor and analyze Partner performance in accordance with global metrics (working with the Global Partner Program management for the route and regional Operations) to ensure inputs are made for Partner dashboards and reporting.
- Execute regional Partner program components including joint-business planning, Partner enablement, PRM/web updates, and tool / resources.
- Execute the governance and enforcement requirements of the Partner program.
- Socialize the assigned Partner program components in relevant internal and external forums.
- Administer the financial aspects of the Partner Program components.
- Analyze, measure and accurately predict financial outcomes.
Internal Business Processes
- Demonstrate mastery CA’s approved methods and processes.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and adherence to CA’s Code of Ethics and compliance requirements.
Demonstrate on-going personal and professional development and increased proficiency with respect to the following capabilities:
- Comfort-level around senior management.
- Program proposal development.
- Business and industry acumen.
- Problem solving skill and agility.
- Competitor awareness and positioning against CA solutions.
- Consultative ‘questioning’ and active listening.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Virtual team leadership and collaboration.
Leadership, Teamwork, and Planning
- Assemble, and lead activities of, the virtual Partner Program team.
- Demonstrate mastery in teambuilding and conflict management.
- Recognize team members’ roles, responsibilities, strengths and weaknesses in order to improve and optimize virtual team effectiveness.
- Demonstrate mastery in navigating CA’s internal processes and systems, and supporting roles.
- Support teambuilding and demonstrate conflict management resolution.
- Demonstrate effective time management.
- Demonstrate effective partnering with CA’s internal and external Partners.
Typical Role Definition
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Develop and manage project schedules and priorities for program execution.
- Work flow in accordance with established processes and operational policies.
- Approvals as required in approval matrices (programmatic discounts, program benefits, discretionary expenditures, Partner business plans).
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Region (APJ/EMEA/LA/NA).
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in Marketing, Information Technology, a business discipline or related field.
Typically 7 years of Partner/Indirect Sales and/or Partner Program management with proven results in the disciplines necessary to build a healthy and growing Partner Ecosystem (Partner business planning, Partner engagement, sales management, program and campaign management, ) with an understanding of technology and technological innovations.
Skills & Competencies
Key Competencies include:
- Partner Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate Partner focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with Partners, identifying, meeting and exceeding Partner expectations, and by treating Partners with dignity and respect.
- Knowledge and Application of CA’s Solution Sets: Know and possess an in-depth understanding of CA’s products and range of solution sets, how to identify the best possible solutions to meet Partners’ business needs and how to appropriately position CA solutions with Partners.
- Effective Communication: Deliver outstanding oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
- Industry Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of given industry and relevant marketplace; speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Business Acumen: Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
- Financial Acumen: Use in-depth financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; know how financial decisions impact business success.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top