Solution Center Consultant
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Solution Center Consultant
Location(s): Mexico/ Mexico City
Your future starts here!
This position is the subject matter expert responsible for managing, maintaining and monitoring a technology/solution area on behalf of a customer at the application level to ensure the product(s) are operating as designed and they are receiving the full value of the product(s).
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Utilize Services Best Practices to accurately and efficiently implement product of chosen expertise within the client environment remotely.
- Learn and understand customer environment and priorities. Verify the product is working as designed.
- Provide ongoing support to the customer throughout the duration of the contract.
- Apply best practices for product optimization.
- Confirm and test remote access to customer network, including access to the installed CA software.
- Remotely access customer system to verify CA products are adequately configured to perform R&O tasks and to address customer-specific configuration requirements; collect necessary log data as appropriate.
- Ensure users and related user rights are configured as required (change privileges, add/delete users)
- Verify that backup configuration and restore procedures are defined and tested.
- Verify system reporting is functioning as specified (auto reports are setup; reports go out as expected, changes to distribution as needed).
- Create scripts to automate routine tasks where appropriate.
- Effectively troubleshoot technical product operational issues for product of chosen expertise.
- Maintain knowledge about various architectures and protocols
- Possess current experience with data architecture and application architecture.
- Deploy new functionality remotely.
- Maintain application knowledge of the products developed by the assigned business unit(s).
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being result oriented, attention to detail and passion for Procurement area.
An ideal background will include:
- Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or business related field.
- Up to 3 years of work experience as an IT professional are required for this position. Educated in Information Technology and prefer a minimum of 2 year experience at an IT professional services or software/hardware organization.
- Knowledge in CA Clarity Products
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Servers - Windows, Unix
- Operating Systems - Client OS, Windows, Linux
- Database - MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, MS Access, Directory Servers
- LDAP, Open LDAP, Oracle, Sun, IBM, CA Directory
- Protocalls - HTTP, CSS, LDAP, X500, ODBC/JDBC, SMTP, POP3/IMAP, SNMP
- Fluency in English (Spanish Native)
Sound like a fit? Great!
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top