Solution Account Director,Enterprise Mgt
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
This position is responsible for positively impacting the relative attributes of a specialized account including customer satisfaction, NCV growth, share of wallet, the successful introduction of a specific new solution, and driving business value ROI for our customers. This will be accomplished by gaining a thorough understanding of the clients’ business and the industry in which they compete, the corresponding IT initiatives, identifying needs which CA can help resolve, developing compelling business value proposals for our solutions and ultimately closing business. This position is further responsible for developing and maintaining trusted relationships with the C-suite, senior level decision makers, and other key buyers within the assigned account(s) as well as within CA Technologies.
This position is responsible for selling CA Enterprise Management solutions into the Named Enterprise accounts.
This position must be seen by the customer as being both customer centric and solutions oriented. Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for CA across these primary areas:
- Gains Customer Commitment
- Identifying Customer Needs
- Commits Time and Effort to Increase Professional Development
- Delivers Value to Customers
- Makes Persuasive Product Presentations
- Educates Customers through Structured Training
- Develops Sales Leads
- Adapts approach to different buyer motivations
- Closes through Logical, Incremental steps
Gains Customer Commitment
- Maintains priorities by keeping the focus specific and defined; effectively and compellingly helps others to understand key priorities by repeatedly articulating goals and how each contributes; excels at inspiring and influence others, gains followers by being easy to follow, gives credit to others and assumes responsibility for external obstacles, inspires and motivates others.
Identifying Customer Needs
- Provides the appropriate domain solution by understanding what the customer is trying to accomplish, drives a needs analysis process that identifies key objectives specific to an individual customer, gives the customer’s agenda priority over a standard response, expertly modifies the sales approach or solution to accommodate the customer versus force fit the customer into a standard model.
Delivers added value to customers
- Stays in touch with and serves as a resource to others on market trends, including environmental and competitive forces influencing the market, known as a valuable resource to important constituents internal or external to the organization, constantly seeks information that will be useful but is not readily available to colleagues, is sought for advice and instruction, invests in personal development and spends the time to build a base of knowledge that ultimately helps others to be more effective.
Makes Persuasive Product Presentations
- Excites the customer with an enthusiastic presentation style, demonstrates value and actively promotes products and services by making an emotional appeal, holds the customer’s attention and interest by keeping the presentation content relevant, varies style to build toward a buying decision, is comfortable in the role of trusted advisor.
Educates Customers through Structured Training
- Ensures the customer gains maximum benefit from the product or service by committing to continuous education that provides information updates or product training, prepares structured sessions to cover the most critical areas of learning, stays on top of information needed by customers.
Develops Sales Leads
- Excels at uncovering sales opportunities, actively attracts the interest of potential customers, networks to increase contacts, aggressively stays on top of market conditions to uncover new leads, and consistently follows up with leads to assess their interest in the product/service offering.
Closes through logical incremental steps
- Reinforces the purchase decision with a series of logical reasons that support the sale, moves closer to a purchase decision in a multiphase sale by setting an objective for each encounter and gaining agreement at each of the milestones in the process, keeps the sales process from stalling by taking control and focusing the customer on the incremental steps leading to a buying decision, remains patient but focused on reaching the end result.
Commits Time and Effort to increase Professional Development
- Sets job as a top priority in career advancement, accomplishes objectives dictated by present position while investing additional time and effort in planning career progression, looks for opportunities to expand skill set proactively, devotes extra hours and effort to skill development in preparation for a higher level of responsibility.
Typical Role Definition
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Decision to bring in appropriate or additional account team resources and assign issue ownership as needed.
- Prioritization and sales strategy of prospective solutions based on customer need.
- Prioritization, planning and direction of customer-related activities
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Area (multi-country or multi-state).
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 75 or more percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a related field or equivalent training in business or account management.
Typically 7 or more years experience with a proven track record of success in managing and growing large-company accounts.
Skills & Competencies
Key Competencies include:
- Customer Commitment: Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect.
- Knowledge and Application of a specific CA’s Solution Set: Know and understand a specific CA domain product, how to identify its solution to best meet the customers’ business needs and how to appropriately position the CA domain solution with customers.
- Territory Management: Manage territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
- Effective Communication: Deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
- Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Effective Selling: Utilize solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leverage mastery of sales best practices and CA’s sales methodology.
- Business Acumen: Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
- Financial Acumen: Use financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; knows how financial decisions impact business success.
FOOTER – If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top