Solution Account Director, Partner Sales
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a Solution Account Director, Partner Sales you will be responsible for selling one or more CA solutions in conjunction with their assigned partners. This will be accomplished by gaining a thorough understanding of the partner's business, the industries in which they compete, executing territory/country partner business plans by solution, and acting as a sales director for assigned partners. This position is further responsible for developing and maintaining trusted relationships with assigned partner accounts.
This position manages a set of complex partner accounts and complex product(s) and has demonstrated a successful track record of growth and achievement of assigned quota targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This position must be seen by the partner and customer as being both customer/partner centric and solutions oriented. Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for our partners by exhibiting:
- Partner Focus: Execute and drive the territory partner business plans by solution including account planning, marketing, demand generation, operational cadence and communication plans to drive sales in conjunction with the partner.
- Customer/Partner Commitment: Act in ways that demonstrate customer and partner focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers and partners, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer/partner expectations, and by treating customers/partners with dignity and respect.
- Knowledge and Application of a specific CA's Solution Set: Know and understand specific CA domain product(s), how to identify the solution to best meet the customers' business needs and how to appropriately position the CA domain solution with partners and customers.
- Territory/Partner Account Management: Understands both the partner and customer landscape and effectively manages territory and accounts; understands market dynamics and opportunity; competitive analysis; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability and partner success.
- Effective Communication: Deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
- Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Effective Selling: Meets or exceeds the financial targets by building effective partnerships driving sales through assigned partners executing the business plan and corresponding sales plays, builds demand generation, initiate and supports collaborative sales pursuits and joint solutions; configure, price and quote joint solutions; negotiates final customer contracts per agreement with partner; and collaborates with partners throughout the sales process; engages and enables the partner sales team to utilize a solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leverage mastery of sales best practices and CA's sales methodology.
- Business Acumen: Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
- Partner Acumen: Understands the partner strategy, how they operate and financial measures; leverages knowledge of what motivates a partner and tailors CA's partner value proposition to influence actions and decisions; understands the scope of Partner's offerings; understands the partner program and how to optimize rewards and payouts.
- Financial Acumen: Use financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; knows how financial decisions impact business success
- Industry focus: Enterprise Accounts
- Strong Market Connect and Understanding of the Territory – North India
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex sales cycle with significant business and technical components. The ability to develop and present a meaningful ROI presentation to help customer justifying the cost of investment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed quotas selling a technical solution to a technical audience
- The ability to create thoughtful and compelling business cases highlighting revenue growth opportunities with demonstrated ability to build significant revenue stream through strategic alliance partners
- Smart, creative, energetic, conscientious, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Enjoy fast-paced, energetic environment. Entrepreneurial and results oriented.
- 10+ years of sales experience.
Business Travel and Physical Demands:
- Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Physical demands: Office environment. No special physical demands required.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field or equivalent.
- Training in business and account management.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top