Software Platform Architect
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Your Future Starts Here.
The Software Platform Architect will will join an ongoing initiative to design and build a new platform for the delivery of our on -premise and SaaS product solutions. The role will assume ownership of technical deliverables both at the team and product level.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Spearheading the initiative to move current on -premise and SaaS solutions onto a new delivery platform.
- Representing delivery platform with the product suite architect team.
- Working with product management and development teams to drive architecture changes and other technical priorities across the product suite.
- Involvement in project planning, estimation, and dependency mapping.
- Providing technical expertise, leadership, and mentorship to a team of motivated and high performing engineers.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. An ideal background will include:
- Passion and drive for everything that is DevOps, continuous integration, continuous delivery, cloud, and high quality software.
- Fundamental desire to challenge the status quo and to make things better.
- Experience building effective CI/CD toolchains with end -to -end delivery and developer-focused principles.
- Strong understanding of Microservices architecture, implementation, and deployment.
- Demonstrated success leveraging modern platform technologies to accelerate product development and delivery.
- Experience with cloud providers like Amazon AWS, Azure, and CenturyLink.
- Experience with Docker, Docker Swarm, and Docker Compose.
- Experience with build tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Maven, Ant, Subversion, and GitHub.
- Experience with scripting tools like Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
- Familiarity with Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies like Kubernetes, CloudFoundry, and OpenShift.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top