Software Engineer (QA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your Future Starts Here at CA Technologies in Vancouver.
As part of the team for CA's industry-leading API Gateway, you will contribute to the quality assurance of this product through test automation as well as manual testing. This is an opportunity to have a role in ensuring quality standards and product integrity for a solution that is leveraged at scale today by many significant enterprise customers.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit hthttp://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry and:
- Ensure the quality of CA's API Gateway product and test features end-to-end
- Participate in reviewing test plans and in creating and executing test cases, developing automated test cases and running manual tests
- Collaborate in analyzing and resolving failures and root causes issues to ensure a high quality product to customers
How You'll Stand Out:
- 3-5+ years' industry experience with a strong quality assurance background
- Proven track record of working with complex software products, writing automation tests, and executing manual tests
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies, processes, and best practices
- Strong background with Linux and networking
- Experience with TestRail, Squish, FitNesse, and/or similar tools
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top