Software Engineer - QA Automation with Networking Domain
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a product or product line. The Senior Software Engineer will perform complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks as well as provide high level analysis related to software design and development.
- Design and code complex units/modules/products Test Cases that meet functional and business requirements.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written format
- Assist in strategic research and design as directed
- Set up software configuration control and software development environments including program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Provide product content to technical writers.
- Mentor, train, develop and serve as knowledge resource for less experienced Software Engineers.
- Develop plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other development team members.
Typically 3 or more years of experience in software development or a related field
- Should have 3 to 5 years of experience in QA
- Hands on experience in Automation testing (QTP)
- Should have hands on experience in VB, Perl and Shell Scrpting
- Strong understanding of software quality process
- Thorough hands on experience with all levels of testing including Sanity, Usability, Functional, Regression testing
- Self-motivated and have a can do attitude.
- Can perform under pressure and can work in multiple product areas and technologies.
- Good understanding of web application deployment, load balancing etc.
- Strong in Automation code reviews and strong in debugging skills.
- Good communication skills and can present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good knowledge on Automation Framework development
Good to have Skills:
- Work experience in NMS or in Networking domain would be an added advantage
- Working experience with Java Development with RESTful Web services in Automation
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top