Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
An exciting opportunity to work on the CA Agile Requirements Designer product, a market leading tool for requirements gathering, test case design, and test automation. In this position, you will be part of the core development team, creating innovative solutions to solve challenging problems in the continuous delivery landscape, using the latest technologies. You will be responsible for realising requirements into functional code, working with customers to provide support, handling defects, and testing of code. Dependent on experience, this role has the potential to expand into applying machine learning, AI, and visualisation.
- Design and code complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
- Follow agreed Agile methodology and ensure deliverables meet the Definition of Done
- Be an active member of the Scrum team and help the team accomplish planned goals by collaborating with all stakeholders
- Assist in evaluating impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software designers.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Provide product content to technical writers.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Provide feedback to establish and improve departmental processes and procedures.
- Work with minimal supervision and utilize knowledge, experience and judgment to accomplish well-defined goals.
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- In-depth background developing C++ desktop based solutions. Strong experience of C++, Qt, SQL, and TDD.
- Nice to have experience in consuming REST APIs as a client, exposure to C#, machine learning methodologies, and NoSQL Databases.
- Advanced design/debugging/coding skills.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Technical skills.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top