Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This is an exciting time and opportunity to develop a next generation of data technology!
Enterprises hold untapped data from which valuable information can be derived to enable more agile business decision-making. However, building data pipelines and data analytics today is a challenge for most as the complexities to implement, maintain, and develop its components (Hadoop, NoSQLDB, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Elasticsearch etc.) have increased substantially. These challenges present themselves differently dependent upon one's role. Such intricacies create a lot of productivity killers for developers and DevOps. Understanding these challenges and how to avoid or resolve them will help one prepare for a successful endeavor building data pipelines and analytics implementation.
As a Software Engineer, you will be engaged full-time in hands-on software development. Successful candidates are self-starters who thrive in a collaborative, cross-functional agile environment. These candidates pair up with scrum team members to produce working software. They are experts in designing and implementing software solutions to meet business and customer needs. We value passion for software craftsmanship balanced with a commitment to deliver customer focused solutions on-time.
The Opportunity We Offer:
In the near future, CA Technologies will introduce new innovations and usability enhancements to simplify and streamline building data pipelines and analytics, and extend flexibility and control in managing data engineering. To realize that vision the Data and Analytics (project Jarvis) team at CA Technologies Santa Clara R&D center is looking for top software engineering talent to help design, innovate and build our next generation of Analytics platform based on open source technologies. This analytics platform is a core platform for our company's Data Analytics strategy and will be used by many products. If you are passionate about data technologies and have a desire to lead architecture design and resolve challenging technical problems, come talk to us for your next career move!
At CA, we believe in work hard and play hard philosophy. While our teams innovate and solve tough technical problems, our pool tournaments, table tennis championships, and beer bash are equally fun.
This is a unique opportunity to develop a Data Analytics software solution from incubation to release.
Responsibilities You Will Own:
- Participate in grooming of product backlog with product management, development, architecture, and other stakeholders.
- Design, implement, and productize software components and systems using standard software development methodologies and tools.
- Automate unit, functional, system, and performance testing.
- Collaborate with architects, product owners, engineers in test and customers to understand and resolve product issues.
- Constantly refine and keep current with emerging technologies in software development and testing.
Skills We Require:
- 4+ years of experience in software design and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert level Java programming and scripting knowledge (such as Python).
- Solid experience using and developing RESTful APIs, Web Services, NoSQL / SQL Database.
- Experience with distributed, highly scalable, multi-node environments.
- Expert level knowledge in Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Storm, Samza, Elasticsearch.
- Ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, and be a strong team player.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge of Scrum & Agile Methodologies.
- Hands on experience with bug tracking tools and source control systems.
- Exposure to SaaS, Big Data, Linux, Scala.
- Contributions to Open Source Apache projects is big plus.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration systems such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with Red Hat's OpenShift is a plus.
- SOA and/or micro-service design and implementation experience.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top