Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer in our Plano, TX office to support our API Testing product. The product is built on a cloud based cutting edge technology that delivers a powerful solution to the problem of system dependency constraints, ensuring that innovative IT functionality is delivered faster, with higher quality and performance.
About the Role
The Software Engineer is a key member of the development organization. Led by the strategic direction of the General Manager, the ideal candidate for this position will be the driving force behind the successful development of the product line. The Software Engineer will work within an agile development organization and be accountable for refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing and implementing software and managing timeline commitments.
You will be responsible for:
- Work as an integral part of a cross-functional engineering team.
- Participate in the technical design and development of new features and products.
- Maintain and support existing features and products.
- Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality.
- Investigate and resolve support issues.
- Assisting with building automated tests using JUnit and LISA Cucumber/Selenium.
- Ensure automated builds and continuous integration are working at all times.
- Contributing to technical documentation and training material.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the product and development processes.
- Participating in software development process following Agile/Scrum model.
How You'll Stand Out
An ideal background will entail:
- 3+ years of experience with core Java and/or J2EE .
- 2+ years of experience building RESTful APIs and Webservices.
- Experience with one or more J2EE application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, Weblogic, etc)
- Experience with Open source frameworks such as Spring.
- Experience leveraging MongoDB or other document oriented databases
- Experience using GitHub for Source Control.
- Experience with front end development such as React JS, Angular JS or Jquery.
- Experience with continuous integration unit testing, and automated testing.
- Experience with agile methodologies, iterative development, and refactor design as requirements evolve.
- Exposure working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microservices Architecture is a plus.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top