Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
QA Automation Engineer/Framingham, MA
Your future starts here!
This position is with our talented and growing Identity Management Product team based in Framingham, MA. We are looking for a candidate with a strong work ethic who is adaptable, responsive and versatile. As our product grows and technology continues to evolve you will need to have a desire to keep pace and learn the tools/tech that will take us to the next level.
Our Product in a Snapshot:
CA Identity Management is a product that can offers security administrators powerful control over an organization’s privileged users to reduce the risk of compliance failures or costly security breaches. CA Identity Management is a comprehensive and mature solution that provides both broad and deep capabilities that include fine-grained user access controls, shared account password management, UNIX to Active Directory authentication bridging and user activity reporting ̶ in both physical and virtual environments.
This is an opportunity for an individual to learn Identity Management in its entirety and work with an awesome team to take your career to the next level!
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies’ charter to transform the IT industry by:
- The candidate will be responsible for creating, executing and maintaining manual and automated test cases
- The candidate must be well versed in Software QA concepts and very comfortable working in an Agile / Scrum SDLC
- Using HP Application Lifecycle Management, JSystem, Seleniumand other automation tools, help develop automated test scripts, and other forms of functional test automation
- Willing to share your knowledge with other members of the team either through mentoring, or training peers in your team
- Contribute to the definition of a comprehensive automated QA/testing process.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a part of a dynamic team.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for leadership, software development and innovation. An ideal background will include:
- 2 plus years of testing experience
- Understanding of OO design and OO Languages (Java)
- Experience with scripting languages JacaScript, TCL,, Shell etc
- Knowledge of automation frameworks for unit tests (JSystem Test Automation Framework, JUnit, TestNG)
- Build utilities (Ant, Maven)
- Strong Understanding of relational data bases (Oracle, MYSQL, MSSQL)
- Experience with UI automation tools. HP QTP and Selenium Page Object Pattern.
- Strong working experience with Linux/Unix is required. Experience with Windows 2003/2008/2012 is also desired
- Strong network understanding is required (TCP/IP, DNS)
- Working knowledge of virtual environments such as VMWare and Nolio is desired
- Experience with UNIX/Linux administration is major plus. Experience with Windows Domains and Active Directory is also desired.
- Experience of testing REST/SOAP based web-services and web applications
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM Methodologies
- Strong communication both verbal and written.
- Experience and general understanding of IT security concepts is a plus.
- BSc as well as relevant experience.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top