Services Sales Client Manager
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
This position is responsible for contributing to business growth by working directly with clients, CA Sales, Services Practices teams and the GEO Delivery owners to identify and grow Education and Services opportunities within assigned accounts or territory, making sure the work sold can be profitable and delivered to a high standard.
- Lead Education and Services business development efforts within assigned accounts or territory and act as the single point of contact for all Services opportunities and issues across all practices in supported accounts.
- Engage with the Sales team to create and execute on a business plan to optimize the install base with the customer, cultivate expand opportunities, and plan appropriate coverage model to support that business and/or alignment to sales campaigns.
- Ensure profitable and successful engagement completion by focusing on project scope accuracy.
- Ensure high Services NPS scores by focusing on delivering high quality Service projects.
- Oversee a portfolio of projects and opportunities within assigned clients along with well-developed leadership qualities enabling coordination and mentoring of matrixed staff.
- Interact and effectively communicate the state of the project and future business opportunities through executive briefings to the client’s senior level management team.
- Collaborate closely with assigned SMEs including Architect, Consultant, TSO, and Global Practice team to align delivery approach to business development phase ensuring strong continuation from business development to delivery.
- Collaborate with the Resource Management team to appropriately staff each project.
- Adhere to CA Policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics; Security and required training available at LMS.
The Services Client Manager will spend approximately 50% of available time on business development activities, developing a trusted relationship with the client, Sales Management and account team, positioning Services during the product sales process and driving Services transactions independent of the product deals.
The Services Client Manager will achieve this by:
- Actively maintaining and developing collaborative relationships with the area business unit sales group.
- Responsible for creating high quality proposals for all assigned accounts or territories.
- Knowing and adhering to the CA sales methodology, using the available systems and tools.
- Providing solution best practice and content leadership during the opportunity life cycle.
- Participating and actively working with the Global Practice to provide ongoing feedback.
- Engaging directly and indirectly to provide RFP, RFR and ITT input as required.
- Assisting the delivery team with content and delivery leadership by contributing and building proposals and proposal content for new or existing engagements.
- Communicating regularly and directly with delivery teams in order to maintain opportunity momentum.
- Where needed, providing opportunity feedback to Practice or Delivery management on opportunities being worked on.
- Sharing experiences with the team and assisting in developing others to become competent and solution delivery leaders.
The Services Client Manager will spend approximately 50% of available time making sure what they have sold is being delivered as a high quality and profitable service engagement.
The Services Client Manager will achieve this by:
- Assembling and leading technical teams to ensure delivery of high quality client solutions within agreed scope and committed timeframes.
- Identifying and understanding client/business needs, documenting those needs and managing the end to end engagement so CA services will successfully deliver against the expectations set.
- Being responsible for forecasting and project issues resolution for assigned accounts/territory.
- Providing hands-on support to the project team translating the context of the client requirements to that of the scope of work.
- Responding to Services-related, delivery escalations.
- Driving Services- related executive steering committees and related deliverables.
- Defining and managing overall project risks and taking proactive, corrective action to mitigate those risks.
- Driving continuous improvement of project processes, templates, best practices, etc.
Typical Role Definition
Sr Professional Staff. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization to complete complex assignments. Technical skills may cross fields. Works on complex and diverse issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Requires daily decision making capabilities and actions that are not reviewed by supervisor. Operates with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision. May be responsible for a project team with a defined scope of responsibility and set of deliverables. Has influence over team members; encourages focus on ingenuity and results. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Plans and assigns personnel for a given project or task, and recommends changes in procedures. Often plays a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Manager is consulted for decisions.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a global geographic focus.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 75 or more percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or business related field. Master’s degree or global equivalent a plus.
Typically 10 or more years of related professional project management experience plus 4 or more years of professional program management experience. Previous experience and track record of successfully managing large multi-million dollar complex global projects.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to sell and support a sales process.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply sound judgment to any situation and negotiate the best outcome for all involved parties.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to communicate both written and verbally with project team, CA Services management and customers.
- Must possess advanced technical awareness of project solutions.
- Ability to think and act strategically.Certifications
- Active Project Management Institute PMP certification.
- Within first 90 days must achieve CA solution training as agreed to by your Manager.
- Must maintain updated training as required annually
- Demonstrated product proficiency, by achieving either a Professional or Business Analyst level CA Services Certification (or similar technical accreditation) or CA Services work experience may substitute for external work experience, as determined by CA Services in its discretion.
Our Mission – we eliminate barriers; the barriers between ideas and outcomes. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT. We love the game, and never stop chasing greatness. If you want to fulfil your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers, then CA Technologies is where you belong.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top