CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
This position is responsible for the expert technical knowledge of and ability to effectively implement products of chosen expertise both at the individual product level and solution level within the client environment.
- Utilize Services Best Practices to accurately and efficiently implement products of chosen expertise as a solution within the client environment.
- Effectively troubleshoot technical product implementation issues for products of chosen expertise.
- Ability to interact with Support in order to open and track product issues when necessary.
- Actively engage as part of the project team with the purpose of contributing product and solution expertise, and to contribute as required to deliver a successful client engagement, following the Project Manager (when applicable) directive.
- Meet target billable utilization objective as assigned for this role.
- Adhere to Time and Expense Policy.
- Adhere to company policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics; Security and required training.
- Serve as a mentor to Associate Services Consultants who are actively engaged as part of the project team on assigned client engagements.
- Help build the knowledge base in the Practice communities in which you choose to participate in – including lessons learned, best practices, tools, and methods and learning events using SharePoint as the enabling technology.
Typical Role Definition
Professional Staff. An intermediate level professional role. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity required to perform tasks. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Decision regarding product and/or solution installation.
- Decision regarding product and/or solution configuration in client environment.
- Decision regarding technical troubleshooting process.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Region (APJ/EMEA/LA/NA).
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 75 or more percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or business related field.
Typically 2 or more years of work experience as an IT professional are required for this position. Educated in Information Technology and prefer a minimum of 1 year experience at an IT professional services or software/hardware organization.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrate ability to engage in hands-on implementation of software technology at a complex level for the individual products of chosen expertise.
- Proven comprehension of solution capabilities and how specific products within the solution are designed to be integrated into the client environment.
- Possess advanced technology troubleshooting skills for products of chosen expertise and basic general technology troubleshooting capabilities.
- Execute an average business level of written and oral professional communication in local language and/or English.
- Within first 90 days must achieve CA Technologies product training and certification in a minimum of 2 chosen products of expertise as agreed to by your Manager. Also complete associated solution training that aligns with chosen products.
- External hardware, operating system or specific technology certifications are a plus.
- Must maintain updated training as required annually.
- Demonstrated product proficiency, by achieving either a Professional or Business Analyst level CA Services Certification (or similar technical accreditation) or CA Services work experience may substitute for external work experience, as determined by CA Services in its discretion.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top